The No. 23 Pittsburgh Panthers (1-1) will clash with the Western Michigan Broncos (1-1) at Waldo Stadium in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Pittsburgh vs. Western Michigan Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 11.5 points, with sportsbooks listing Pittsburgh as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Pittsburgh has -421 odds to pick up the win, while Western Michigan is listed at +316 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 47.5 points.
10x your first bet. Up to $200 in bonus bets.
How to Watch Pittsburgh vs. Western Michigan Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNU
- Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Stadium: Waldo Stadium
- Pittsburgh racked up 13.2 more points per game (41.4) than Western Michigan allowed (28.2) last year.
- The Panthers were 7-3 against the spread and 8-2 overall in games when they recorded over 28.2 points last year.
- Pittsburgh averaged 155.7 more yards per game (486.5) than Western Michigan allowed per contest (330.8) last year.
- When the Panthers piled up over 330.8 yards last season, the team was 9-3 against the spread and 10-2 overall.
- Last season, Pittsburgh rushed for just 4.6 more yards (149.1) than Western Michigan allowed per outing (144.5).
- When the Panthers ran for over 144.5 yards last year, they had a 6-1 ATS record and a 7-0 overall record.
- Western Michigan racked up 8.9 more points per game (32.5) than Pittsburgh allowed (23.6) last season.
- The Broncos were 4-2 against the spread and 6-1 overall last season when the team scored over 23.6 points.
- Western Michigan racked up 467.7 yards per game last year, 114.1 more yards than the 353.6 Pittsburgh allowed per outing.
- When the Broncos totaled over 353.6 yards last season, the team was 4-5 against the spread and 6-4 overall.
- Western Michigan rushed for 214.1 yards per game last year, 124.8 more than the 89.3 Pittsburgh allowed per outing.
- The Broncos had a 5-6 ATS record and a 7-5 overall record when the team rushed for over 89.3 yards last season.
Pittsburgh vs. Western Michigan Betting Analysis
Pittsburgh Betting Insights
- Pittsburgh was 10-4-0 against the spread last year.
- Pittsburgh’s ATS record as at least 11.5-point favorites was 4-2 last season.
- The Panthers won 83.3% of the games last season when they were the moneyline favorite (10-2).
- The Panthers went 3-0 last year (winning 80% of their games) when they played as a moneyline favorite of -421 or shorter.
- There were eight Pittsburgh games (out of 14) that went over the total last season.
Broncos Betting Insights
- Western Michigan posted a 5-6-1 record against the spread last season.
- As an 11.5-point underdog or greater, Western Michigan had one win ATS (1-1) last year.
- The Broncos split the two games they played as underdogs last season.
- Last season, the Broncos won one of their two games when they were the underdog by at least +316 on the moneyline.
- Last year, six of Western Michigan’s 12 games hit the over.
Pittsburgh vs. Western Michigan Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||59.5||59.1||59.9|
|Implied Total AVG||35.7||37.6||33.9|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||10-2||4-2||6-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-0||0-1|
|Point Total AVG||61.1||61.7||60.5|
|Implied Total AVG||35.8||36.7||34.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||6-4||4-2||2-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||0-0||1-1|
Last Season’s Leaders
- Sirvocea Dennis had one interception to go with 61 tackles, 7.0 TFL, four sacks, and one pass defended last year.
- Habakkuk Baldonado posted 9.0 sacks to go with 8.0 TFL and 32 tackles in 14 games.
- John Petrishen compiled three interceptions to go with 47 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 4.5 sacks, and three passes defended in 14 games a season ago.
- In 2021, Calijah Kancey had 25 tackles, 9.0 TFL, and seven sacks.
- Corvin Moment played in 13 games, delivering 4.0 sacks to go with 13.0 TFL and 63 tackles.
- On defense, Ali Fayad delivered 11.5 sacks to go with 12.0 TFL and 36 tackles.
- With 58 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and 2.5 sacks, Zaire Barnes was an important contributor last season on defense.
- The contributions of Ryan Selig, who played in 13 games, included 3.5 sacks to go with 5.0 TFL, 51 tackles, and one interception.
Pittsburgh vs. Western Michigan Predictions and Pick
Pittsburgh vs. Western Michigan betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Pittsburgh vs. Western Michigan
You can bet on Pittsburgh vs. Western Michigan at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Pittsburgh vs. Western Michigan picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.
Our pick to win this contest is Pittsburgh, and we expect that Western Michigan will cover the spread (Pittsburgh -11.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 47.5 points.