The Pittsburgh Panthers (0-0) and the West Virginia Mountaineers (0-0) clash in the Backyard Brawl.
Pittsburgh vs. West Virginia Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 7.5 points, with bookmakers listing Pittsburgh as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Pittsburgh has -325 odds to pick up the win, while West Virginia is listed at +252 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 51.5 points.
Get a No Sweat First Bet up to $1,000
How to Watch Pittsburgh vs. West Virginia Live?
- Game Day: Thursday, September 1, 2022
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Acrisure Stadium
- Last year, Pittsburgh put up 17.6 more points per game (41.4) than West Virginia allowed (23.8).
- The Panthers were 9-3 against the spread and 10-2 overall last season when the team scored over 23.8 points.
- Pittsburgh averaged 486.5 yards per game last year, 136.2 more yards than the 350.3 West Virginia allowed per matchup.
- The Panthers were 8-3 against the spread and 9-2 overall when the team picked up more than 350.3 yards last year.
- Last season Pittsburgh ran for 10.3 more yards per game (149.1) than West Virginia allowed per outing (138.8).
- When the Panthers ran for more than 138.8 yards last year, they had a 6-1 ATS record and a 7-0 overall record.
- West Virginia put up 25.2 points per game last year, comparable to the 23.6 Pittsburgh surrendered.
- The Mountaineers were 4-2 against the spread and 6-1 overall last season when the team notched over 23.6 points.
- West Virginia collected only 16.1 more yards per game (369.7) than Pittsburgh allowed (353.6) per matchup last season.
- The Mountaineers were 4-3 against the spread and 6-2 overall when the team picked up over 353.6 yards last season.
- West Virginia rushed for 121.8 yards per game last year, 32.5 more than the 89.3 Pittsburgh allowed per contest.
- When the Mountaineers rushed for more than 89.3 yards last year they compiled a 4-3 ATS record and a 6-2 overall record.
Pittsburgh vs. West Virginia Betting Analysis
Pittsburgh Betting Insights
- Pittsburgh was 10-4-0 against the spread last season.
- As 7.5-point or greater favorites last season, Pittsburgh went 4-3.
- The Panthers won 83.3% of the games last season when they were the moneyline favorite (10-2).
- When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -325 or shorter, the Panthers had a 3-1 record (winning 66.7% of their games).
- Out of 14 Pittsburgh games last year, eight hit the over.
Mountaineers Betting Insights
- West Virginia’s record against the spread last season was 5-7-0.
- West Virginia did not lose ATS (2-0) as underdogs of 7.5 points or greater last season.
- The Mountaineers were underdogs seven times last season and won twice.
- Last season, the Mountaineers were at least a +252 underdog on the moneyline one time, losing that contest.
- Out of 12 West Virginia games last season, four went over the total.
Pittsburgh vs. West Virginia Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||59.5||59.1||59.9|
|Implied Total AVG||35.7||37.6||33.9|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||10-2||4-2||6-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-0||0-1|
|Point Total AVG||51.8||51.8||51.9|
|Implied Total AVG||29.3||28.4||29.9|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-2||2-1||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-5||1-1||1-4|
Last Season’s Leaders
- In 14 games last year, Sirvocea Dennis collected 4.0 sacks to go with 7.0 TFL, 61 tackles, and one interception.
- Habakkuk Baldonado recorded 32 tackles, 8.0 TFL, and nine sacks in 14 games.
- In 14 games a season ago, John Petrishen collected 47 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 4.5 sacks, and three interceptions.
- On defense in 2021, Calijah Kancey supplied 25 tackles, 9.0 TFL, and seven sacks over 14 games.
- With 1.5 sacks to go with 3.0 TFL, 100 tackles, and two interceptions in 13 games, Josh Chandler-Semedo was a significant player on defense.
- With one interception to go with 30 tackles, 13.0 TFL, seven sacks, and one pass defended in 13 games, Dante Stills was a big player on defense last year.
- Sean Mahone amassed two interceptions to go along with 68 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and two passes defended in 13 games.
- An important player on defense, Alonzo Addae had 63 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one sack.
Pittsburgh vs. West Virginia Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is Pittsburgh, and we project that Pittsburgh will cover the spread (Pittsburgh -7.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 51.5 points.
Pittsburgh vs. West Virginia betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Pittsburgh vs. West Virginia
You can bet on Pittsburgh vs. West Virginia at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Pittsburgh vs. West Virginia picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.