It’ll be the No. 22 Penn State Nittany Lions (2-0) versus the Auburn Tigers (2-0) in college football play at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Alabama.
Penn State vs. Auburn Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with bookmakers listing Penn State as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Penn State has -139 odds to pick up the win, while Auburn is listed at +112 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 48 points.
10x your first bet. Up to $200 in bonus bets.
How to Watch Penn State vs. Auburn Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Auburn, Alabama
- Stadium: Jordan-Hare Stadium
- Last year, Penn State scored 3.2 more points per game (25.0) than Auburn allowed (21.8).
- The Nittany Lions were 6-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall in games when they recorded over 21.8 points last year.
- Penn State averaged only 4.4 more yards per game (377.2) than Auburn allowed per contest (372.8) last season.
- The Nittany Lions were 6-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall when the team amassed more than 372.8 yards last season.
- Last season Penn State rushed for 18.4 fewer yards per game (108.6) than Auburn allowed per contest (127.0).
- When the Nittany Lions rushed for more than 127.0 yards last season, they had a 3-0 ATS record and a 3-0 overall record.
- Last season Auburn scored 11.0 more points per game (28.3) than Penn State gave up (17.3).
- The Tigers were 6-3 against the spread and 6-3 overall last year when the team put up over 17.3 points.
- Auburn collected 49.1 more yards per game (401.3) than Penn State gave up per contest (352.2) last season.
- In games that the Tigers totaled more than 352.2 yards last year, the team was 5-4 against the spread and 6-3 overall.
- Auburn rushed for 161.2 yards per game last season, just 8.2 more yards than the 153.0 Penn State allowed per contest.
- When the Tigers rushed for over 153.0 yards last year they compiled a 4-3 ATS record and a 5-2 overall record.
Penn State vs. Auburn Betting Analysis
Penn State Betting Insights
- Penn State’s record against the spread last year was 7-6-0.
- Penn State had an ATS record of 5-3 as favorites of 2.5 points or more last season.
- The Nittany Lions won six of the eight games they were the moneyline favorite last season (75%).
- The Nittany Lions had a record of 3-2 when they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -139 or shorter (75%).
- Out of 13 Penn State games last year, three hit the over.
Tigers Betting Insights
- Auburn beat the spread six times in 13 games last year.
- Auburn went 3-3 as underdogs of 2.5 points or greater last year.
- Last season, the Tigers won two out of the seven games in which they were the underdog.
- The Tigers were 2-3 last season when entering a game as the underdog by +112 or more on the moneyline.
- In 13 Auburn games last year, five of them hit the over.
Penn State vs. Auburn Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||51.5||51.3||51.7|
|Implied Total AVG||31.8||33.7||29.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||6-2||5-1||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-4||0-1||1-3|
|Point Total AVG||54.0||55.4||51.8|
|Implied Total AVG||34.1||37.6||28.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-2||2-1||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-5||0-3||2-2|
Last Season’s Leaders
- Arnold Ebiketie compiled 59 tackles, 12.0 TFL, and 9.5 sacks in 13 games last year.
- Ji’Ayir Brown posted 66 tackles and six interceptions in 13 games.
- Ellis Brooks compiled 95 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one sack in 13 games a season ago.
- Brandon Smith delivered 2.0 sacks to go with 4.0 TFL and 75 tackles in 13 games.
- Derick Hall played in 13 games, amassing 9.0 sacks to go with 8.0 TFL and 47 tackles.
- Zakoby McClain, who played in 13 games, amassed 2.0 sacks to go with 6.0 TFL and 91 tackles.
- Chandler Wooten was on the field for 13 games and totaled one interception to go along with 85 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one pass defended.
- The contributions of Colby Wooden, who played in 13 games, included 4.5 sacks to go with 7.0 TFL and 58 tackles.
Penn State vs. Auburn Predictions and Pick
Penn State vs. Auburn betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Penn State vs. Auburn
You can bet on Penn State vs. Auburn at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Penn State vs. Auburn picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.
Our pick to win this contest is Penn State, and we project that Auburn will cover the spread (Penn State -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 48 points.