The Penn State Nittany Lions (0-0) and Purdue Boilermakers (0-0) will battle in clash of Big Ten opponents at Ross-Ade Stadium in West Lafayette, Indiana.
Penn State vs. Purdue Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3.5 points, with oddsmakers listing Penn State as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Penn State has -177 odds to pick up the win, while Purdue is listed at +142 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 53.5 points.
10x your first bet. Up to $200 in bonus bets.
How to Watch Penn State vs. Purdue Live?
- Game Day: Thursday, September 1, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
- Stadium: Ross-Ade Stadium
- Penn State put up 25.0 points per game last year, comparable to the 22.4 per matchup Purdue allowed.
- The Nittany Lions were 6-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall last season when the team put up more than 22.4 points.
- Penn State racked up 377.2 yards per game last season, just 10.7 more than the 366.5 Purdue gave up per matchup.
- When the Nittany Lions churned out over 366.5 yards last season, the team was 6-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall.
- Penn State rushed for 108.6 yards per game last season, 49.2 fewer than the 157.8 Purdue allowed per outing.
- Last year the Nittany Lions had a 2-0 ATS record and a 2-0 overall record in games the team rushed for more than 157.8 yards.
- Purdue racked up 11.8 more points per game (29.1) than Penn State surrendered (17.3) last year.
- The Boilermakers were 7-1 against the spread and 7-1 overall in games when they recorded over 17.3 points last season.
- Purdue averaged 87.3 more yards per game (439.5) than Penn State allowed per outing (352.2) last season.
- In games that the Boilermakers totaled more than 352.2 yards last season, the team was 6-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall.
- Last season Purdue racked up 84.2 yards per game on the ground, 68.8 fewer than Penn State allowed per outing (153.0).
- The Boilermakers had a 2-0 ATS record and a 2-0 overall record when the team rushed for over 153.0 yards last season.
Penn State vs. Purdue Betting Analysis
Penn State Betting Insights
- Penn State had seven wins in 13 games against the spread last season.
- As 3.5-point or greater favorites last season, Penn State went 5-3.
- The Nittany Lions were favored on the moneyline eight total times last season. They finished 6-2 in those games.
- The Nittany Lions went 3-2 when they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -177 or shorter (75%).
- There were three Penn State games (out of 13) that hit the over last year.
Boilermakers Betting Insights
- Purdue had eight wins in 13 games against the spread last year.
- Purdue’s ATS record as an underdog of 3.5 points or more was 3-3 last season.
- Last season, the Boilermakers won four out of the seven games in which they were the underdog.
- The Boilermakers had a record of 2-2 in games where sportsbooks had them as underdogs of at least +142 on the moneyline.
- There were five Purdue games (out of 13) that hit the over last year.
Penn State vs. Purdue Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||51.5||51.3||51.7|
|Implied Total AVG||31.8||33.7||29.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||6-2||5-1||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-4||0-1||1-3|
|Point Total AVG||54.3||54.3||54.3|
|Implied Total AVG||32.8||31.0||34.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-1||3-1||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||4-3||2-1||2-2|
Last Season’s Leaders
- Arnold Ebiketie posted 59 tackles, 12.0 TFL, and 9.5 sacks in 13 games last year.
- On defense in 2021, Ji’Ayir Brown had 66 tackles and six interceptions in 13 games played.
- Ellis Brooks had 1.0 sack to go with 2.0 TFL and 95 tackles in 13 games a season ago.
- On defense in 2021, Brandon Smith compiled 75 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and two sacks through 13 games.
- On defense Jaylan Alexander, who played in 13 games, compiled 98 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and one sack.
- George Karlaftis accumulated 4.5 sacks to go along with 7.0 TFL and 34 tackles in 13 games.
- Cam Allen helped on defense with four interceptions to go along with 57 tackles and four passes defended in 13 games.
- A significant player on defense, Jalen Graham had two interceptions to go with 50 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and two passes defended.
Penn State vs. Purdue Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this matchup is Purdue, and we expect that Purdue will cover the spread (Penn State -3.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 53.5 points.
Penn State vs. Purdue betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Penn State vs. Purdue
You can bet on Penn State vs. Purdue at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Penn State vs. Purdue picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.