Big 12 rivals will clash when the No. 14 Oklahoma Sooners (8-2) meet the BYU Cougars (5-5).
Oklahoma vs. BYU Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 25.5 points, with oddsmakers listing Oklahoma as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Oklahoma has -3458 odds to pick up the win, while BYU is listed at +1161 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 58 points.
How to Watch Oklahoma vs. BYU Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, November 18, 2023
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Provo, Utah
- Stadium: LaVell Edwards Stadium
Oklahoma ranks 69th in total defense this season (377.5 yards allowed per game), but has been playing really well on offense, ranking fourth-best in the FBS with 506.1 total yards per game. Oklahoma owns the 27th-ranked defense this season (19.8 points allowed per game), and has been better on the other side of the ball, ranking fourth-best with 41.8 points per game. Oklahoma has the 89th-ranked defense this season in terms of passing yards (238.9 allowed per game), and has been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking eighth-best with 323.8 passing yards per game. Oklahoma ranks 35th in run offense (182.3 rushing yards per game) and 50th in run defense (138.6 rushing yards allowed per game) this year. Oklahoma has been making things happen on both sides of the ball on third down this season, owning the 15th-best mark in third-down conversion rate (47.8%) and ninth-best in third-down defense (28.3% third-down percentage allowed). With 19 forced turnovers (first in the FBS) against seven turnovers committed (15th in the FBS), Oklahoma’s +12 turnover margin is the second-best in college football.
BYU’s offense has been bottom-25 in total offense this season, compiling 300.0 total yards per game, which ranks eighth-worst in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 108th with 414.2 total yards allowed per contest. In terms of points scored BYU ranks 106th in the FBS (21.9 points per game), and it is 95th defensively (28.7 points allowed per game). In terms of passing, BYU ranks 87th in the FBS (209.5 passing yards per game) and 78th defensively (233.5 passing yards allowed per game). BYU has been outplayed on both offense and defense in terms of rushing this season, ranking seventh-worst in rushing yards (90.5 per game) and 19th-worst in rushing yards allowed (180.7 per game). In terms of third-down efficiency, this season has been tough for BYU on both sides of the ball, as it is averaging a 27.0% third-down conversion percentage (third-worst) and conceding a 44.7% conversion rate (20th-worst). BYU has accumulated 15 forced turnovers this season and have turned the ball over 10 times, leading to a +5 turnover margin, which ranks 21st-best in the FBS.
Oklahoma vs. BYU Betting Analysis
Oklahoma Betting Insights
Oklahoma has gone 7-3-0 against the spread this season. Oklahoma is a perfect 2-0 ATS when playing as at least 25.5-point favorites. This season, six Oklahoma games have gone over the point total. The Sooners have won 77.8% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (7-2). The Sooners have played as a moneyline favorite of -3458 or shorter in only two games this season, and they won both.
BYU Betting Insights
BYU is 3-7-0 against the spread this season. Games involving BYU have hit the over on six occasions this season. This season, the Cougars have won two out of the seven games in which they’ve been the underdog. The Cougars have played as an underdog of +1161 or more once this season and won that game.
Oklahoma vs. BYU Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||61.0||60.8||61.3|
|Implied Total AVG||38.7||39.3||37.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||7-2||5-0||2-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-0||1-0||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||48.6||46.4||50.7|
|Implied Total AVG||30.0||29.0||31.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-0||2-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-5||1-1||1-4|
Players to Watch
- To go along with his 3,069 passing yards and 70.5% completion percentage this season, Dillon Gabriel has tallied 25 touchdowns against five interceptions.
- In addition to the numbers he’s posted through the air, Gabriel has also chipped in 337 rushing yards and 11 touchdowns in 10 games.
- On zero targets, Drake Stoops has 62 grabs (6.2 per game) for 692 yards and nine TDs in 10 games.
- Nic Anderson has been an important part of the Sooners’ passing attack in 2023, accumulating 24 catches for 616 yards and eight touchdowns.
- Tawee Walker has run for 442 yards (5.2 yards per carry) and six touchdowns as part of the Sooners’ running game.
- The Sooners’ defense has been helped by the play of Danny Stutsman, who has suited up for nine games and posted 63 tackles, eight TFL, two sacks, and one interception.
- The Sooners’ defensive unit has been aided by the contributions of Billy Bowman, who has played nine games and posted 35 tackles and four interceptions.
- The Sooners’ defensive unit has been helped by the contributions of Jaren Kanak, who has played 10 games and amassed 50 tackles, two TFL, and two sacks.
- A key contributor to the Sooners’ defense, Key Lawrence has two interceptions to go with 33 tackles, two TFL, and two passes defended in nine games.
- Kedon Slovis has thrown for 1,716 yards (214.5 per game), completing 57.4% of his throws, with 12 touchdowns and six interceptions in eight games.
- On the ground, LJ Martin has scored four touchdowns and accumulated 494 yards (61.8 per game).
- Martin also has 11 receptions for 45 yards and one TD.
- In the passing game, Chase Roberts has scored four TDs, hauling in 39 balls for 524 yards (52.4 per game).
- Darius Lassiter has 28 catches for 347 yards (49.6 per game) and four touchdowns in seven games.
- Jakob Robinson has compiled four interceptions to go with 50 tackles and four passes defended in nine games for the Cougars.
- Max Tooley has collected 64 tackles, one TFL, one sack, and one interception in nine games for the Cougars.
- In nine games for the Cougars, Ethan Slade has collected 48 tackles, one TFL, and one interception.
- The Cougars’ A.J. Vongphachanh has posted 55 tackles and one TFL in nine games.
Oklahoma vs. BYU Predictions and Pick
Oklahoma vs. BYU betting card
- Pick ATS:
- Pick OU: Under (58)
How to Bet on Oklahoma vs. BYU
You can bet on Oklahoma vs. BYU at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Oklahoma vs. BYU picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our pick to win this matchup is Oklahoma, and we project that BYU will cover the spread (Oklahoma -25.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 58 points.