The No. 3 Ohio State Buckeyes (1-0) and Arkansas State Red Wolves (1-0) will clash at Ohio Stadium in Columbus, Ohio.
Ohio State vs. Arkansas State Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 45 points, with oddsmakers listing Ohio State as the favorites.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 68.5 points.
Get a No Sweat First Bet up to $1,000
How to Watch Ohio State vs. Arkansas State Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: BTN
- Location: Columbus, Ohio
- Stadium: Ohio Stadium
- Last year, Ohio State scored 7.1 more points per game (45.7) than Arkansas State surrendered (38.6).
- The Buckeyes were 6-2 against the spread and 8-0 overall in games when they scored more than 38.6 points last year.
- Ohio State averaged 55.0 more yards per game (561.2) than Arkansas State allowed per matchup (506.2) last season.
- The Buckeyes were 6-2 against the spread and 7-1 overall when the team totaled more than 506.2 yards last year.
- Last year Ohio State ran for 80.8 fewer yards per game (180.3) than Arkansas State allowed per contest (261.1).
- The Buckeyes had a 1-1 ATS record and a 2-0 overall record when the team rushed for over 261.1 yards last year.
- Arkansas State put up just 2.5 more points per game (25.3) than Ohio State gave up (22.8) last year.
- When the Red Wolves put up more than 22.8 points last season, they were 5-1 against the spread and 2-4 overall.
- Arkansas State collected 21.1 more yards per game (395.2) than Ohio State allowed per outing (374.1) last year.
- When the Red Wolves piled up more than 374.1 yards last season, the team was 4-2 against the spread and 2-4 overall.
- Last season Arkansas State racked up 82.1 rushing yards per game, 45.8 fewer than Ohio State allowed per contest (127.9).
- Last year the Red Wolves had a 1-1 ATS record and a 1-1 overall record in games the team ran for more than 127.9 yards.
Ohio State vs. Arkansas State Betting Analysis
Ohio State Betting Insights
- Ohio State was 6-6-0 against the spread last season.
- Ohio State did not lose ATS (1-0) as a 45-point or greater favorite last season.
- The Buckeyes finished 9-2 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 81.8% of those games).
- The Buckeyes never played a game last season with moneyline odds of or shorter.
- Out of 12 Ohio State games last season, seven went over the total.
Red Wolves Betting Insights
- Arkansas State’s record against the spread last year was 6-6-0.
- The Red Wolves won one of the 10 games they played as underdogs last season.
- The Red Wolves had a record of 1-7, a 16.7% win rate, when they were set as an underdog of or more by oddsmakers last season.
- Out of 12 Arkansas State games last year, three went over the total.
Ohio State vs. Arkansas State Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||64.1||65.4||62.3|
|Implied Total AVG||42.3||44.9||38.6|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||9-2||5-1||4-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||65.8||67.3||64.4|
|Implied Total AVG||38.9||40.3||37.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-1||1-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-9||0-4||1-5|
Last Season’s Leaders
- As a tone-setter on defense, Ronnie Hickman collected 96 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and two interceptions in 13 games last year.
- Tommy Eichenberg had one interception to go with 59 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and one pass defended.
- Steele Chambers registered 1.0 sack to go with 4.0 TFL, 45 tackles, and one interception in 13 games played a season ago.
- On defense in 2021, Cody Simon compiled 55 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception over 13 games.
- On defense Kivon Bennett, who was on the field for 12 games, totaled 55 tackles, 10.0 TFL, and seven sacks.
- Joe Ozougwu accumulated 7.5 sacks to go along with 8.0 TFL and 49 tackles in 12 games.
- Elery Alexander was on the field for 12 games and amassed one interception to go along with 64 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and one pass defended.
- With 1.0 TFL, 60 tackles, and two interceptions, Jarius Reimonenq made a big difference on D.
Ohio State vs. Arkansas State Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this matchup is Ohio State, and we expect that Ohio State will cover the spread (Ohio State -45). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 68.5 points.
Ohio State vs. Arkansas State betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Ohio State vs. Arkansas State
You can bet on Ohio State vs. Arkansas State at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Ohio State vs. Arkansas State picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.