The No. 20 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (7-3) square off against the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (4-6) in college football action at Notre Dame Stadium in South Bend, Indiana.
Notre Dame vs. Wake Forest Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 24.5 points, with bookmakers listing Notre Dame as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Notre Dame has -7050 odds to pick up the win, while Wake Forest is listed at +1378 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 47 points.
How to Watch Notre Dame vs. Wake Forest Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, November 18, 2023
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBC
- Location: South Bend, Indiana
- Stadium: Notre Dame Stadium
On the defensive side of the ball, Notre Dame has been a top-25 unit, ranking seventh-best by giving up just 281.7 yards per game. The offense ranks 47th (418.8 yards per game). Notre Dame has been thriving on both sides of the ball, ranking 16th-best in scoring offense (36.8 points per game) and 12th-best in scoring defense (16.9 points allowed per game). On the defensive side of the ball, Notre Dame has been a top-25 unit in terms of passing yards, ranking third-best by allowing just 153.6 passing yards per game. The Fighting Irish rank 49th on offense (252.0 passing yards per game). Notre Dame is putting up 166.8 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 57th in the FBS. The team’s defensive unit ranks 38th, giving up 128.1 rushing yards per contest. From an offensive standpoint, Notre Dame ranks 62nd in the FBS with a 39.8% third-down percentage. Meanwhile, the team’s defense ranks 42nd in third-down conversion rate allowed (128.1). Notre Dame owns the 16th-best turnover margin in college football at +6, forcing 15 turnovers (14th in the FBS) while turning it over nine times (36th in the FBS).
Wake Forest ranks 103rd with 330.5 total yards per game on offense, and it ranks 66th with 373.4 total yards surrendered per game on the defensive side of the ball. Wake Forest’s offense has been bottom-25 this season, putting up 20.5 points per game, which ranks 22nd-worst in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 56th with 24.6 points ceded per contest. With 199.3 passing yards per game on offense, Wake Forest ranks 98th in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 62nd, giving up 224.7 passing yards per game. In terms of rushing, Wake Forest ranks 98th in the FBS on offense (131.2 rushing yards per game) and 66th on defense (148.7 rushing yards allowed per game). Wake Forest’s third-down offense has been a bottom-25 unit this season, generating a 33.3% third-down percentage, which ranks 19th-worst in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 45th with a 36.1% third-down rate surrendered. Wake Forest has struggled in terms of turnovers, as its turnover margin of -6 is 18th-worst in the FBS.
Notre Dame vs. Wake Forest Betting Analysis
Notre Dame Betting Insights
Notre Dame has covered the spread six times in 10 games with a set spread. In games it has played as 24.5-point favorites or more, Notre Dame has an ATS record of 1-1. Games involving Notre Dame have hit the over six times this season. The Fighting Irish have won five of the seven games they were the moneyline favorite this season (71.4%). The Fighting Irish have not yet played as a moneyline favorite of -7050 or shorter.
Wake Forest Betting Insights
Wake Forest is 4-6-0 against the spread this year. Wake Forest games have gone over the total three times this year. This season, the Demon Deacons have been the underdog six times and won one of those games. The Demon Deacons have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +1378.
Notre Dame vs. Wake Forest Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||51.9||53.2||50.0|
|Implied Total AVG||33.7||37.5||28.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-2||3-0||2-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-1||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||51.4||51.6||51.1|
|Implied Total AVG||31.7||32.2||31.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-1||2-1||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-5||1-2||0-3|
Players to Watch
- In 10 games for the Fighting Irish, Audric Estime has piled up 988 rushing yards and 13 touchdowns while averaging 6.1 yards per carry.
- In the receiving game, Estime has chipped in 142 receiving yards and zero touchdowns on 17 receptions.
- Sam Hartman has suited up for 10 games in 2023, and he’s totaled 2,272 passing yards, 18 touchdowns, seven interceptions and a 62.8% completion percentage.
- When he’s not airing it out, Hartman has rushed for 76 yards (7.6 yards per game) and three touchdowns in 10 games.
- In 10 games, Chris Tyree has turned zero targets into 23 catches, 446 yards and three touchdowns for the Fighting Irish.
- As a key cog in the Fighting Irish’s offense, Mitchell Evans has produced 422 receiving yards and one touchdown on 29 catches.
- Xavier Watts has helped carry the Fighting Irish’s defense with 41 tackles and seven interceptions in 10 games.
- JD Bertrand has hit the gridiron for nine games, totaling 59 tackles, two TFL, and one sack for the Fighting Irish.
- The Fighting Irish’s defense has been helped by Howard Cross III, who has suited up for 10 games and posted 52 tackles, three TFL, one sack, and one pass defended.
- Jack Kiser, as part of the Fighting Irish’s defensive unit, has totaled one sack to go with one TFL and 46 tackles in 10 games.
- Mitch Griffis has nine TD passes and eight interceptions in nine games, completing 59.4% of his throws for 1,539 yards (171.0 per game).
- On the ground, Griffis has scored two touchdowns and accumulated 128 yards.
- In 10 games, Demond Claiborne has rushed for 586 yards (58.6 per game) and five TDs.
- Jahmal Banks has 47 receptions for 528 yards (58.7 per game) and three touchdowns in nine games.
- In 10 games, Taylor Morin has 33 receptions for 472 yards (47.2 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Jacob Roberts has been providing a big boost on defense, amassing 57 tackles, six TFL, and six sacks for the Demon Deacons.
- On defense, Malik Mustapha has helped lead the charge with 57 tackles, two TFL, and one interception in 10 games.
- Dylan Hazen has registered one sack to go with two TFL and 58 tackles in eight games for the Demon Deacons.
- With 53 tackles, one sack, and three passes defended in 10 games, Chelen Garnes has been wreaking havoc on defense for the Demon Deacons.
Notre Dame vs. Wake Forest Predictions and Pick
Notre Dame vs. Wake Forest betting card
- Pick ATS:
Notre Dame (-24.5)
- Pick OU: Over (47)
How to Bet on Notre Dame vs. Wake Forest
You can bet on Notre Dame vs. Wake Forest at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Notre Dame vs. Wake Forest picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our pick to win this matchup is Notre Dame, and we predict that Notre Dame will cover the spread (Notre Dame -24.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 47 points.