The No. 9 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (3-0) and Central Michigan Chippewas (1-1) will clash at Notre Dame Stadium in South Bend, Indiana.
Notre Dame vs. Central Michigan Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 34.5 points, with sportsbooks listing Notre Dame as the favorites.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 51.5 points.
How to Watch Notre Dame vs. Central Michigan Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Game Time: 2:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: PEAC
- Location: South Bend, Indiana
- Stadium: Notre Dame Stadium
Last year, Notre Dame put up 3.6 more points per game (31.8) than Central Michigan gave up (28.2). Notre Dame was 4-2 against the spread and 6-0 overall in games when it recorded over 28.2 points last season. Last season Central Michigan had a 2-3 record against the spread and a 4-2 record overall in games when it held opponents to fewer than 31.8 points. Notre Dame averaged 396.2 yards per game last season, 23.3 more yards than the 372.9 Central Michigan allowed per contest.
Central Michigan scored 24.8 points per game last year, comparable to the 23.0 Notre Dame allowed. When Central Michigan put up over 23.0 points last year, it was 3-2 against the spread and 4-2 overall. Notre Dame had a 5-3 record against the spread and a 6-2 record overall in games when it allowed fewer than 24.8 points last season. Central Michigan averaged 38.2 more yards per game (367.3) than Notre Dame allowed per contest (329.1) last year.
Notre Dame vs. Central Michigan Betting Analysis
Notre Dame Betting Insights
Notre Dame has covered the spread in each of its three games with a set spread. In games they have played as 34.5-point favorites or more, Notre Dame has a perfect ATS record of 1-0. Notre Dame games have gone over the total twice this season. The Fighting Irish have been listed as the moneyline favorite only two other times so far this season, and they won both of the games. The Fighting Irish have yet to play a game with moneyline odds of or shorter.
Central Michigan Betting Insights
Central Michigan has yet to win a game against the spread this season (0-2-0). This season, Central Michigan games have hit the over just once. The Chippewas lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season. The Chippewas have a record of when they’re set as an underdog of or more by sportsbooks this season.
Notre Dame vs. Central Michigan Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||49.4||46.0||52.8|
|Implied Total AVG||30.9||31.3||30.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-2||3-2||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-2||1-0||2-2|
|Point Total AVG||56.5||55.6||57.5|
|Implied Total AVG||34.4||34.2||34.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-4||1-4||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-4||0-0||1-4|
Last Season’s Leaders
- Drew Pyne had 22 TD passes and six interceptions in 11 games last year, completing 64.6% of his throws for 2,021 yards (183.7 per game).
- Also, Pyne ran for 108 yards and two TDs.
- On the ground, Audric Estime scored 11 touchdowns and accumulated 920 yards (70.8 per game).
- Estime also had nine catches for 135 yards and one TD.
- Logan Diggs ran for 821 yards (68.4 per game) and four touchdowns in 12 games a season ago.
- In addition, Diggs had 10 catches for 211 yards and two touchdowns.
- In 12 games, Michael Mayer had 67 catches for 809 yards (67.4 per game) and nine touchdowns.
- On defense last year, JD Bertrand helped lead the way with 77 tackles, six TFL, one sack, and two passes defended in 11 games.
- On defense in 2022, Isaiah Foskey had 40 tackles, 11 TFL, and eight sacks in 11 games played.
- In 10 games a season ago, Benjamin Morrison posted 30 tackles, one TFL, and six interceptions.
- Jack Kiser amassed 57 tackles, four TFL, and three sacks in 11 games played.
- Daniel Richardson last season racked up 1,988 passing yards with 15 passing touchdowns, five interceptions and a 55.9% completion percentage.
- As part of the running game, Lew Nichols ran for 601 yards and six touchdowns on 3.4 YPC.
- The passing game was also helped by the receiving skills of Nichols, who reeled in 21 balls (on zero targets) for 128 yards and zero touchdowns.
- In four games, Bert Emanuel Jr. piled up 54 yards (13.5 yards per game) with zero touchdowns, zero interceptions and a 50.0% completion percentage.
- As a runner, Emanuel Jr. added 496 rushing yards and seven touchdowns.
- Joel Wilson received zero targets last year and converted them into 44 catches (4.9 per game) for 445 yards and six TDs.
- Last season Kyle Moretti totaled 85 tackles, five TFL, and two sacks in 11 games.
- On defense, Trey Jones posted five TFL, 85 tackles, and two interceptions.
- In 11 games, Thomas Incoom delivered 55 tackles, 16 TFL, and nine sacks.
- Donte Kent recorded one sack to go with one TFL and 51 tackles in 11 games.
Notre Dame vs. Central Michigan Predictions and Pick
Notre Dame vs. Central Michigan betting card
- Pick ATS:
Central Michigan (+34.5)
- Pick OU: Under (51.5)
How to Bet on Notre Dame vs. Central Michigan
You can bet on Notre Dame vs. Central Michigan at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Notre Dame vs. Central Michigan picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our pick to win this matchup is Notre Dame, and we expect that Central Michigan will cover the spread (Notre Dame -34.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 51.5 points.