It’ll be the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (0-2) against the California Golden Bears (2-0) in college football play at Notre Dame Stadium in South Bend, Indiana.
Notre Dame vs. Cal Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 12 points, with oddsmakers listing Notre Dame as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Notre Dame has -547 odds to pick up the win, while Cal is listed at +383 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 41 points.
10x your first bet. Up to $200 in bonus bets.
How to Watch Notre Dame vs. Cal Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 2:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBC
- Location: South Bend, Indiana
- Stadium: Notre Dame Stadium
- Last year, Notre Dame put up 12.9 more points per game (35.2) than Cal allowed (22.3).
- When the Fighting Irish recorded over 22.3 points last season, they were 9-2 against the spread and 11-0 overall.
- Notre Dame racked up 59.6 more yards per game (426.2) than Cal gave up per outing (366.6) last year.
- When the Fighting Irish picked up more than 366.6 yards last year, the team was 7-2 against the spread and 9-0 overall.
- Notre Dame rushed for 143.8 yards per game last year, just 7.2 more yards than the 136.6 Cal allowed per outing.
- The Fighting Irish had a 7-0 ATS record and a 7-0 overall record when the team rushed for more than 136.6 yards last season.
- Last year Cal scored 4.1 more points per game (23.8) than Notre Dame allowed (19.7).
- The Golden Bears were 6-1 against the spread and 5-2 overall in games when they recorded over 19.7 points last year.
- Cal averaged 26.6 more yards per game (386.1) than Notre Dame gave up per matchup (359.5) last year.
- When the Golden Bears churned out more than 359.5 yards last year, the team was 6-1 against the spread and 4-3 overall.
- Cal rushed for 164.5 yards per game last year, 28.6 more than the 135.9 Notre Dame allowed per contest.
- The Golden Bears had a 5-2 ATS record and a 4-3 overall record when the team rushed for over 135.9 yards last season.
Notre Dame vs. Cal Betting Analysis
Notre Dame Betting Insights
- Notre Dame had nine wins in 13 games against the spread last year.
- Notre Dame’s ATS record as at least 12-point favorites was 3-1 last year.
- The Fighting Irish won all nine of the games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season.
- The Fighting Irish won all four games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -547 or shorter.
- Last season, seven of Notre Dame’s 13 games went over the point total.
Golden Bears Betting Insights
- Cal’s record against the spread last year was 7-5-0.
- Cal went unbeaten ATS (1-0) as underdogs of 12 points or more last season.
- Last season, the Golden Bears won one out of the five games in which they were the underdog.
- Last season, the Golden Bears were at least a +383 underdog on the moneyline one time, losing that contest.
- Last year, five of Cal’s 12 games went over the point total.
Notre Dame vs. Cal Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||53.7||54.4||52.4|
|Implied Total AVG||31.4||31.9||30.6|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||9-0||6-0||3-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-2||0-2||2-0|
|Point Total AVG||50.9||52.0||49.8|
|Implied Total AVG||29.5||30.2||28.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-3||3-2||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-4||1-0||0-4|
Last Season’s Leaders
- As a playmaker on defense, Isaiah Foskey delivered 49 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and 10.5 sacks in 13 games last year.
- JD Bertrand registered 92 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and one sack in 13 games.
- Jayson Ademilola delivered 4.0 sacks to go with 6.0 TFL and 52 tackles in 13 games played a season ago.
- In 2021, Drew White had one interception to go with 56 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one pass defended.
- Elijah Hicks helped spur the defense with 51 tackles, 3.0 TFL, one sack, and three interceptions in 12 games.
- With three interceptions to go with 56 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and four passes defended in 12 games, Daniel Scott was an important contributor on defense last year.
- Cameron Goode recorded 40 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and seven sacks in 12 games.
- With 1.0 sack to go along with 4.0 TFL and 27 tackles, Marqez Bimage made a big difference on D.
Notre Dame vs. Cal Predictions and Pick
Notre Dame vs. Cal betting card
- Pick ATS:
Fighting Irish (-12)
How to Bet on Notre Dame vs. Cal
You can bet on Notre Dame vs. Cal at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Notre Dame vs. Cal picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.
Our prediction to win this game is Notre Dame, and we project that Notre Dame will cover the spread (Notre Dame -12). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 41 points.