The No. 8 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (0-1) and Marshall Thundering Herd (1-0) will clash in a matchup at Notre Dame Stadium in South Bend, Indiana.
Notre Dame vs. Marshall Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 21 points, with oddsmakers listing Notre Dame as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Notre Dame has -2109 odds to pick up the win, while Marshall is listed at +954 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 50.5 points.
Get a No Sweat First Bet up to $1,000
How to Watch Notre Dame vs. Marshall Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 2:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBC
- Location: South Bend, Indiana
- Stadium: Notre Dame Stadium
- Notre Dame averaged 35.2 points per game last season, 11.4 more than Marshall gave up per matchup (23.8).
- The Fighting Irish were 9-2 against the spread and 11-0 overall in games when they recorded over 23.8 points last year.
- Notre Dame collected 29.5 more yards per game (426.2) than Marshall gave up per matchup (396.7) last season.
- When the Fighting Irish churned out more than 396.7 yards last season, the team was 6-2 against the spread and 8-0 overall.
- Last season Notre Dame averaged 143.8 yards per game on the ground, 47.6 fewer than Marshall allowed per contest (191.4).
- The Fighting Irish had a 3-0 ATS record and a 3-0 overall record when the team rushed for more than 191.4 yards last season.
- Marshall scored 33.0 points per game last season, 13.3 more than Notre Dame gave up (19.7).
- The Thundering Herd were 6-5 against the spread and 7-4 overall in games when they recorded more than 19.7 points last year.
- Marshall collected 97.3 more yards per game (456.8) than Notre Dame allowed per outing (359.5) last year.
- When the Thundering Herd picked up more than 359.5 yards last season, the team was 6-4 against the spread and 7-3 overall.
- Last season Marshall ran for 26.3 more yards per game (162.2) than Notre Dame allowed per contest (135.9).
- Last season the Thundering Herd had a 3-3 ATS record and a 4-2 overall record in games the team ran for over 135.9 yards.
Notre Dame vs. Marshall Betting Analysis
Notre Dame Betting Insights
- Notre Dame’s record against the spread last season was 9-4-0.
- Notre Dame covered every time (1-0) as a 21-point or higher favorite last season.
- The Fighting Irish won all nine of the games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season.
- The Fighting Irish never played a game last season with moneyline odds of -2109 or shorter.
- Out of 13 Notre Dame games last season, seven hit the over.
Thundering Herd Betting Insights
- Marshall posted a 6-7-0 record against the spread last season.
- The Thundering Herd lost both games they played as underdogs last season.
- The Thundering Herd entered one game last season as the underdog by +954 or more and won each of those games.
- Out of 13 Marshall games last season, seven went over the total.
Notre Dame vs. Marshall Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||53.7||54.4||52.4|
|Implied Total AVG||31.4||31.9||30.6|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||9-0||6-0||3-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-2||0-2||2-0|
|Point Total AVG||60.0||60.4||59.5|
|Implied Total AVG||36.0||37.9||33.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||6-4||2-3||4-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-2||0-1||0-1|
Last Season’s Leaders
- As a key defensive contributor, Isaiah Foskey totaled 49 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and 10.5 sacks in 13 games last year.
- JD Bertrand had 92 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and one sack.
- Jayson Ademilola had 4.0 sacks to go with 6.0 TFL and 52 tackles in 13 games a season ago.
- In 2021, Drew White had one interception to go with 56 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one pass defended.
- Eli Neal was on the field for 13 games, delivering 5.5 sacks to go with 5.0 TFL, 63 tackles, and one interception.
- With 71 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and 2.5 sacks in 13 games, Abraham Beauplan was a key contributor on defense last year.
- In 13 games, Cory McCoy compiled 42 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and two interceptions.
- The contributions of Steven Gilmore, who was on the field for 13 games, included 1.0 sack to go with 1.0 TFL, 35 tackles, and three interceptions.
Notre Dame vs. Marshall Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is Notre Dame, and we project that Notre Dame will cover the spread (Notre Dame -21). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 50.5 points.
Notre Dame vs. Marshall betting card
- Pick ATS:
Fighting Irish (-21)
How to Bet on Notre Dame vs. Marshall
You can bet on Notre Dame vs. Marshall at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Notre Dame vs. Marshall picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.