The Northern Illinois Huskies (1-1) take on the Vanderbilt Commodores (2-1) in college football action at Brigham Field at Huskie Stadium in DeKalb, Illinois.
Northern Illinois vs. Vanderbilt Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with bookmakers listing Northern Illinois as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Northern Illinois has -136 odds to pick up the win, while Vanderbilt is listed at +112 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 59 points.
10x your first bet. Up to $200 in bonus bets.
How to Watch Northern Illinois vs. Vanderbilt Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Location: DeKalb, Illinois
- Stadium: Brigham Field at Huskie Stadium
- Last year, Northern Illinois put up 3.6 fewer points per game (32.2) than Vanderbilt surrendered (35.8).
- The Huskies were 2-1 against the spread and 2-2 overall in games when they recorded over 35.8 points last season.
- Northern Illinois collected 31.2 fewer yards per game (426.9) than Vanderbilt gave up per matchup (458.1) last year.
- When the Huskies picked up more than 458.1 yards last season, the team was 4-1 against the spread and 4-2 overall.
- Last year Northern Illinois piled up 241.5 yards per game on the ground, 47.2 more than Vanderbilt allowed per outing (194.3).
- The Huskies had a 6-2 ATS record and a 7-2 overall record when the team rushed for over 194.3 yards last year.
- Vanderbilt scored 17.9 fewer points per game (15.8) than Northern Illinois surrendered (33.7) last year.
- Vanderbilt averaged 140.3 fewer yards per game (312.7) than Northern Illinois allowed per contest (453.0) last season.
- Vanderbilt rushed for 123.3 yards per game last season, 91.3 fewer than the 214.6 Northern Illinois allowed per contest.
- When the Commodores ran for over 214.6 yards last season they had a 1-1 ATS record and a 0-2 overall record.
Northern Illinois vs. Vanderbilt Betting Analysis
Northern Illinois Betting Insights
- Northern Illinois beat the spread nine times in 14 games last season.
- Northern Illinois had one win ATS (1-1) as a 2.5-point favorite or greater last year.
- The Huskies won all four of the games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season.
- The Huskies played as a moneyline favorite of -136 or shorter in only two games last season, and they won both.
- Last year, eight of Northern Illinois’ 14 games went over the point total.
Commodores Betting Insights
- Vanderbilt had six wins in 12 games against the spread last year.
- As 2.5-point underdogs or greater, Vanderbilt went 6-4 against the spread last year.
- Last season, the Commodores won one out of the seven games in which they were the underdog.
- The Commodores played as an underdog of +112 or more twice last season and split those games.
- Vanderbilt had five of its 12 games go over the point total last year.
Northern Illinois vs. Vanderbilt Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||58.7||58.4||59.0|
|Implied Total AVG||34.4||33.3||35.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-0||3-0||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||5-5||2-2||3-3|
|Point Total AVG||55.1||52.8||58.4|
|Implied Total AVG||39.0||36.7||42.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-1||1-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-6||0-4||1-2|
Last Season’s Leaders
- C.J. Brown had one interception to go with 74 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and one pass defended last year.
- Dillon Thomas had one interception to go with 40 tackles, 3.0 TFL, two sacks, and one pass defended.
- Nick Rattin picked up 1.0 sack to go with 4.0 TFL and 45 tackles a season ago.
- In 2021, Jaden Dolphin had one interception to go with 29 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 2.5 sacks, and one pass defended.
- Ethan Barr played in 12 games, recording 60 tackles and three interceptions.
- Anfernee Orji, who was on the field for 12 games, recorded 1.0 sack to go with 6.0 TFL and 57 tackles.
- With 41 tackles, 2.0 TFL, two sacks, and two interceptions, Jaylen Mahoney was a big player last year on defense.
- Gabe Jeudy totaled 1.0 TFL, 37 tackles, and one interception in 12 games.
Northern Illinois vs. Vanderbilt Predictions and Pick
Northern Illinois vs. Vanderbilt betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Northern Illinois vs. Vanderbilt
You can bet on Northern Illinois vs. Vanderbilt at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Northern Illinois vs. Vanderbilt picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.
Our pick to win this matchup is Northern Illinois, and we expect that Northern Illinois will cover the spread (Northern Illinois -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 59 points.