AAC foes will clash when the North Texas Mean Green (3-7) meet the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (3-7).
North Texas vs. Tulsa Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with oddsmakers listing North Texas as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, North Texas has -133 odds to pick up the win, while Tulsa is listed at +108 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 69.5 points.
How to Watch North Texas vs. Tulsa Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, November 18, 2023
- Game Time: 3:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Stadium: Skelly Field at H.A. Chapman Stadium
While North Texas ranks worst in the FBS in total defense with 478.3 yards allowed per game, it’s been a different story on offense, as the Mean Green rank 11th-best in the FBS (471.3 yards per game). North Texas owns the 29th-ranked scoring offense this year (33.4 points per game), and has been less effective on defense, ranking worst with 37.5 points allowed per game. North Texas has the 45th-ranked defense this year in terms of passing yards (210.9 allowed per game), and has been better offensively, ranking 14th-best with 295.5 passing yards per game. Despite sporting a bottom-25 run defense that ranks worst in the FBS (267.4 rushing yards allowed per game), North Texas has put up better results offensively, ranking 44th in the FBS by averaging 175.8 rushing yards per game. Despite having a bottom-25 defense on third down that ranks 20th-worst in the FBS (44.7% third-down conversion rate), North Texas has played better on the other side of the ball, ranking 45th in the FBS by posting a 42.1% third-down percentage. With 12 forced turnovers (46th in the FBS) against 10 turnovers committed (45th in the FBS), North Texas (+2) owns the 42nd-ranked turnover margin in college football.
Tulsa’s defense has been a bottom-25 unit in total defense this season, ceding 435.2 total yards per game, which ranks 14th-worst. Offensively, it ranks 74th with 375.6 total yards per contest. Tulsa’s defense has been bottom-25 in scoring defense this season, conceding 34.4 points per game, which ranks 14th-worst in the FBS. Offensively, it ranks 103rd with 22.4 points per contest. Tulsa has been struggling against the pass, ranking fifth-worst with 288.0 passing yards given up per game. It has been more productive offensively, posting 190.8 passing yards per contest (106th-ranked). With 184.8 rushing yards per game on offense, Tulsa ranks 31st in the FBS. On defense it ranks 64th, allowing 147.2 rushing yards per contest. In terms of third-down efficiency, Tulsa ranks 30th in the FBS (43.8% third-down conversion rate) and 89th on the other side of the ball (40.6% third-down rate allowed). Tulsa has fared poorly in terms of turnovers, as the team’s turnover margin of -7 is eighth-worst in the FBS.
North Texas vs. Tulsa Betting Analysis
North Texas Betting Insights
North Texas has covered the spread five times over 10 games with a set spread. In games it has played as 2.5-point favorites or more, North Texas has an ATS record of 1-2. North Texas games have gone over the total five times this season. The Mean Green have won 66.7% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (2-1). When they have played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -133 or shorter, the Mean Green have a 0-1 record (winning 66.7% of their games).
Tulsa Betting Insights
Tulsa have registered a 4-5-1 record against the spread this year. Tulsa has an ATS record of 3-2-1 when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs. This year, Tulsa games have hit the over four times. The Golden Hurricane have been underdogs in five games this season and won one (20%) of those contests. The Golden Hurricane have a record of when they’re set as an underdog of +108 or more by oddsmakers this season.
North Texas vs. Tulsa Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||63.8||65.7||61.8|
|Implied Total AVG||37.5||37.6||37.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-1||2-0||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-6||0-3||1-3|
|Point Total AVG||55.5||54.0||57.0|
|Implied Total AVG||36.1||35.2||37.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-2||1-2||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-4||0-1||1-3|
Players to Watch
- Chandler Rogers has led the way for the Mean Green’s offense this season, registering 2,685 passing yards with 23 passing touchdowns, four interceptions and a 62.8% completion percentage.
- Rogers has been providing value with his legs, as he’s rushed for 132 yards (1.6 YPC) and three rushing touchdowns in 10 games.
- Jay Maclin has been an asset for the Mean Green, racking up 825 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns on 46 receptions.
- Ayo Adeyi has posted 764 rushing yards (76.4 yards per game) and four touchdowns while averaging 7.0 yards per carry in 10 games for the Mean Green.
- In 10 games for the Mean Green, Oscar Adaway has amassed 499 rushing yards (5.7 yards per carry) and five touchdowns.
- With two sacks to go with 64 tackles in nine games, Jordan Brown has been a key part of the Mean Green’s defense in 2023.
- With 57 tackles in nine games, Patrick Smith has been an important part of the Mean Green’s defense in 2023.
- The Mean Green’s defensive unit has been aided by Ethan Wesloski, who has suited up for 10 games and totaled 53 tackles, three TFL, and one sack.
- Phillip Hill, as part of the Mean Green’s defense, has amassed 35 tackles and three interceptions in nine games.
- Cardell Williams has 10 TD passes and seven interceptions in nine games, completing 59.8% of his throws for 1,149 yards (127.7 per game).
- On the ground, Williams has scored five touchdowns and picked up 200 yards.
- On the ground, Anthony Watkins has scored three touchdowns and accumulated 668 yards (66.8 per game).
- In the passing game, Kamdyn Benjamin has scored four TDs, catching 33 balls for 491 yards (49.1 per game).
- In five games, Marquis Shoulders has 16 receptions for 283 yards (56.6 per game) and five touchdowns.
- As a tone-setter on defense, the Golden Hurricane’s Kendarin Ray has totaled 96 tackles, one TFL, and one interception in 10 games.
- Ben Kopenski has delivered 42 tackles, three TFL, and five sacks in nine games for the Golden Hurricane.
- Jaise Oliver has totaled 37 tackles and three interceptions in nine games for the Golden Hurricane.
- On defense, Dayne Hodge has racked up 38 tackles and one interception in nine games.
North Texas vs. Tulsa Predictions and Pick
North Texas vs. Tulsa betting card
- Pick ATS:
- Pick OU: Under (69.5)
How to Bet on North Texas vs. Tulsa
You can bet on North Texas vs. Tulsa at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s North Texas vs. Tulsa picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our pick to win this matchup is Tulsa, and we predict that Tulsa will cover the spread (North Texas -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 69.5 points.