The Nebraska Cornhuskers (1-1) will battle the Georgia Southern Eagles (1-0) at Memorial Stadium (Lincoln, NE) in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Nebraska vs. Georgia Southern Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 23 points, with sportsbooks listing Nebraska as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Nebraska has -2780 odds to pick up the win, while Georgia Southern is listed at +1125 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 62.5 points.
10x your first bet. Up to $200 in bonus bets.
How to Watch Nebraska vs. Georgia Southern Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
- Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
- Stadium: Memorial Stadium (Lincoln, NE)
- Last year, Nebraska scored 3.5 fewer points per game (27.9) than Georgia Southern gave up (31.4).
- The Cornhuskers were 2-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall in games when they recorded over 31.4 points last year.
- Nebraska racked up 447.4 yards per game last season, just 2.4 more than the 445.0 Georgia Southern gave up per matchup.
- When the Cornhuskers totaled more than 445.0 yards last year, the team was 4-0 against the spread and 3-1 overall.
- Last year Nebraska piled up 180.7 rushing yards per game, 25.4 more than Georgia Southern allowed per outing (155.3).
- The Cornhuskers had a 4-1 ATS record and a 3-2 overall record when the team ran for more than 155.3 yards last season.
- Last season Georgia Southern scored just 2.4 fewer points per game (20.3) than Nebraska allowed (22.7).
- When the Eagles put up over 22.7 points last season, they were 3-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall.
- Georgia Southern racked up 24.9 fewer yards per game (341.1) than Nebraska gave up (366.0) per contest last year.
- In games that the Eagles picked up more than 366.0 yards last season, the team was 3-2 against the spread and 3-2 overall.
- Georgia Southern rushed for 194.0 yards per game last season, 47.1 more than the 146.9 Nebraska allowed per contest.
- When the Eagles ran for over 146.9 yards last season they had a 3-3 ATS record and a 3-3 overall record.
Nebraska vs. Georgia Southern Betting Analysis
Nebraska Betting Insights
- Nebraska’s record against the spread last season was 7-5-0.
- Nebraska was unbeaten ATS (1-0) when at least a 23-point favorite last season.
- The Cornhuskers finished with a 2-4 record in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 33.3% of those games).
- The Cornhuskers never played a game last season with moneyline odds of -2780 or shorter.
- Last season, six of Nebraska’s 12 games went over the point total.
Eagles Betting Insights
- Georgia Southern beat the spread six times in 12 games last season.
- As a 23-point underdog or more, Georgia Southern had one win ATS (1-1) last year.
- Last season, the Eagles won one out of the 10 games in which they were the underdog.
- Last season, the Eagles were at least a +1125 underdog on the moneyline two times, losing each of those contests.
- In 12 Georgia Southern games last season, five of them went over the total.
Nebraska vs. Georgia Southern Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||52.8||53.2||52.2|
|Implied Total AVG||32.4||33.4||31.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-4||2-2||0-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-5||0-2||0-3|
|Point Total AVG||53.8||56.3||51.4|
|Implied Total AVG||33.3||35.5||31.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-0||2-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-9||0-4||1-5|
Last Season’s Leaders
- Luke Reimer had one interception to go with 101 tackles, 4.0 TFL, one sack, and two passes defended last year.
- JoJo Domann registered 2.0 sacks to go with 6.0 TFL, 57 tackles, and two interceptions in 12 games.
- Garrett Nelson put up 5.0 sacks as well as 8.0 TFL and 49 tackles a season ago.
- Nick Henrich posted 85 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 0.5 sacks in 12 games played.
- Last season Anthony Wilson collected 53 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one sack in 12 games.
- C.J. Wright accumulated 5.5 sacks to go along with 8.0 TFL and 30 tackles in 12 games.
- With 30 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and 5.5 sacks, Justin Ellis was an important contributor last season on defense.
- Eldrick Robinson II was a big contributor on D last year, with two interceptions to go with 46 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and two passes defended.
Nebraska vs. Georgia Southern Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is Nebraska, and we predict that Nebraska will cover the spread (Nebraska -23). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 62.5 points.
Nebraska vs. Georgia Southern betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Nebraska vs. Georgia Southern
You can bet on Nebraska vs. Georgia Southern at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Nebraska vs. Georgia Southern picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.