AAC foes will clash when the Navy Midshipmen (4-5) face the East Carolina Pirates (2-8).
Navy vs. East Carolina Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with sportsbooks listing Navy as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Navy has -141 odds to pick up the win, while East Carolina is listed at +112 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 30.5 points.
How to Watch Navy vs. East Carolina Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, November 18, 2023
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNN
- Location: Annapolis, Maryland
- Stadium: Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium
Navy has been a bottom-25 offense this season, ranking 11th-worst with 308.3 yards per game. The defensive unit is ranked 60th in the FBS (369.7 yards allowed per game). Navy has been a bottom-25 scoring offense this year, ranking 16th-worst with 19.7 points per contest. The defensive unit ranks 43rd in the FBS (21.4 points allowed per game). While Navy’s pass defense ranks 84th with 235.6 passing yards allowed per game,the offense has been less successful, ranking second-worst (101.8 passing yards per game). On offense, Navy has been a top-25 unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking 10th-best in the FBS by averaging 206.6 per game. The Midshipmen rank 43rd on defense (134.1 rushing yards allowed per game). Navy owns the 25th-best third-down defense this season (33.3% third-down conversion rate allowed), but ranks sixth-worst offensively (29.7% third-down percentage). Navy has the eighth-best turnover margin in college football at +8, forcing 13 turnovers (34th in the FBS) while turning it over five times (seventh in the FBS).
East Carolina ranks third-worst in total yards per game (271.1), but it has been more effective on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 36th in the FBS with 336.7 total yards ceded per contest. East Carolina’s offense has been bottom-25 this season, registering 18.1 points per game, which ranks eighth-worst in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 49th with 23.0 points allowed per contest. East Carolina ranks 11th-worst in passing yards per game (162.8), but it has been better defensively, ranking 59th in the FBS with 223.1 passing yards allowed per contest. East Carolina ranks 16th-worst in rushing yards per game on offense (108.3), but at least it has been playing well on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 23rd-best in rushing yards allowed per contest (113.6). East Carolina’s third-down offense has been a bottom-25 unit this season, putting up a 31.6% third-down percentage, which ranks 14th-worst in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 80th with a 39.6% third-down rate allowed. After forcing 12 turnovers (46th in the FBS) and turning the ball over 11 times (63rd in the FBS) this season, East Carolina has the 56th-ranked turnover margin of +1.
Navy vs. East Carolina Betting Analysis
Navy Betting Insights
Navy has covered the spread three times over nine games with a set spread. Navy has an ATS record of 1-4 when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites. Navy games have gone over the total three times this season. The Midshipmen have won 50% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (2-2). The Midshipmen have a record of 0-2 when playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -141 or shorter (50%).
East Carolina Betting Insights
East Carolina has covered the spread five times over 10 games with a set total. In games it has played as 2.5-point or bigger underdogs, East Carolina has an ATS record of 4-4. East Carolina games have gone over the total three times this season. The Pirates have won one of the eight games they’ve played as underdogs this season. The Pirates are this season when entering a game as the underdog by +112 or more on the moneyline.
Navy vs. East Carolina Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||48.6||50.1||46.6|
|Implied Total AVG||30.4||31.8||28.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-2||1-1||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-3||1-1||0-2|
|Point Total AVG||46.9||45.8||48.0|
|Implied Total AVG||29.7||28.0||31.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-1||1-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-7||0-3||1-4|
Players to Watch
- In nine games for the Midshipmen, Alex Tecza has posted 629 rushing yards and four touchdowns while averaging 6.9 yards per carry.
- As a runner, Eli Heidenreich has picked up 161 yards in the ground game with one rushing touchdown in nine games.
- The Midshipmen’s passing attack has been aided by the receiving skills of Heidenreich, who has grabbed 12 balls (on zero targets) for 267 yards and four touchdowns.
- Tai Lavatai has been a key part of the Midshipmen’s offense this year, tallying 522 passing yards with four passing touchdowns, two interceptions and a 53.3% completion percentage.
- With 171 rushing yards (3.1 YPC) and two rushing touchdowns in seven games, Lavatai has been helping the offense with his legs in addition to the passing game.
- To go along with 218 passing yards (43.6 yards per game) in five games, Xavier Arline has thrown for two touchdowns, one interception, and a completion percentage of 52.0%.
- Arline has scrambled for 196 yards (3.9 YPC) and two touchdowns as a runner.
- As part of the Midshipmen’s defensive unit, Colin Ramos has delivered 76 tackles, one TFL, and two sacks in nine games.
- Rayuan Lane has played nine games, recording four interceptions to go along with 46 tackles and six passes defended for the Midshipmen.
- With 50 tackles, two TFL, and two sacks in eight games, Will Harbour has been an important part of the Midshipmen’s defensive unit in 2023.
- The Midshipmen’s defensive unit has been aided by the contributions of Mbiti Williams Jr., who has played seven games, delivering 48 tackles.
- Rahjai Harris has run for 341 yards (34.1 per game) and four touchdowns in 10 games.
- In the passing game, Harris has scored one touchdown, with five catches for 27 yards.
- Alex Flinn has thrown for 1,219 yards (121.9 per game), completing 52.6% of his passes, with four touchdowns and eight interceptions in 10 games.
- In the passing game, Chase Sowell has scored one TD, catching 36 balls for 452 yards (50.2 per game).
- Mason Garcia has passed for 408 yards (58.3 per game), completing 50.5% of his passes, with one touchdown and two interceptions in seven games.
- Also, Garcia has rushed for 227 yards and two TDs.
- Julius Wood has been causing chaos on defense, collecting two interceptions to go with 68 tackles, one TFL, and two passes defended for the Pirates.
- Michael Edwards III has compiled 46 tackles, four TFL, and one sack in 10 games for the Pirates.
- The Pirates’ Chad Stephens has collected 32 tackles, five TFL, and three sacks in 10 games.
- On defense, Jeremy Lewis has compiled 33 tackles, three TFL, and two sacks in 10 games.
Navy vs. East Carolina Predictions and Pick
Navy vs. East Carolina betting card
- Pick ATS:
- Pick OU: Over (30.5)
How to Bet on Navy vs. East Carolina
You can bet on Navy vs. East Carolina at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Navy vs. East Carolina picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our pick to win this contest is Navy, and we expect that Navy will cover the spread (Navy -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 30.5 points.