The Mississippi State Bulldogs (0-0) and Memphis Tigers (0-0) will face each other at Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field in Starkville, Mississippi.
Mississippi State vs. Memphis Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 17 points, with sportsbooks listing Mississippi State as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Mississippi State has -847 odds to pick up the win, while Memphis is listed at +550 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 57.5 points.
10x your first bet. Up to $200 in bonus bets.
How to Watch Mississippi State vs. Memphis Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNU
- Location: Starkville, Mississippi
- Stadium: Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field
- Last year, Mississippi State averaged 0.2 fewer points per game (29.1) than Memphis surrendered (29.3).
- The Bulldogs were 4-1 against the spread and 5-0 overall last season when the team put up over 29.3 points.
- Mississippi State collected 441.5 yards per game last year, 23.5 more yards than the 418.0 Memphis gave up per outing.
- When the Bulldogs amassed more than 418.0 yards last season, the team was 6-4 against the spread and 6-4 overall.
- Mississippi State rushed for 63.2 yards per game last season, 103.9 fewer than the 167.1 Memphis allowed per outing.
- Last year Memphis put up 4.2 more points per game (30.1) than Mississippi State surrendered (25.9).
- The Tigers were 4-6 against the spread and 6-4 overall in games when they scored more than 25.9 points last season.
- Memphis racked up 89.2 more yards per game (434.2) than Mississippi State gave up per contest (345.0) last year.
- In games that the Tigers amassed over 345.0 yards last season, the team was 3-5 against the spread and 5-3 overall.
- Last season Memphis rushed for 21.8 more yards per game (135.4) than Mississippi State allowed per contest (113.6).
- When the Tigers ran for over 113.6 yards last year they compiled a 2-3 ATS record and a 3-2 overall record.
Mississippi State vs. Memphis Betting Analysis
Mississippi State Betting Insights
- Mississippi State had seven wins in 13 games against the spread last season.
- As a 17-point or greater favorite last season, Mississippi State had two wins against the spread (2-1).
- The Bulldogs finished with a 3-3 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 50% of those games).
- The Bulldogs played as a moneyline favorite of -847 or shorter in only two games last season, and they won both.
- There were six Mississippi State games (out of 13) that hit the over last year.
Tigers Betting Insights
- Memphis covered the spread four times in 12 games last season.
- Last season, the Tigers won two out of the five games in which they were the underdog.
- The Tigers were not a bigger underdog last season than the +550 moneyline set for this game.
- Memphis had four of its 12 games go over the point total last year.
Mississippi State vs. Memphis Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||55.2||55.9||54.3|
|Implied Total AVG||33.2||34.6||31.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-3||2-1||1-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-3||1-2||2-1|
|Point Total AVG||62.6||63.4||61.6|
|Implied Total AVG||34.9||35.7||33.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-3||3-2||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-3||2-0||0-3|
Last Season’s Leaders
- In 13 games last year, Nathaniel Watson totaled 5.0 sacks to go with 5.0 TFL and 70 tackles.
- On defense in 2021, Tyrus Wheat had 46 tackles, 6.0 TFL, six sacks, and one interception in 13 games played.
- In 13 games a season ago, Emmanuel Forbes amassed 52 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and three interceptions.
- On defense in 2021, Jett Johnson racked up 66 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one interception through 13 games.
- JJ Russell helped carry the defense with 106 tackles, 5.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception in 12 games.
- Quindell Johnson, who played in 12 games, delivered 1.0 sack to go with 2.0 TFL, 90 tackles, and one interception.
- Rodney Owens helped on defense with two interceptions to go along with 69 tackles, 3.0 TFL, three sacks, and two passes defended in 12 games.
- With 2.0 sacks to go along with 7.0 TFL, 58 tackles, and one interception, Xavier Cullens made a big impact on D.
Mississippi State vs. Memphis Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this matchup is Mississippi State, and we expect that Memphis will cover the spread (Mississippi State -17). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 57.5 points.
Mississippi State vs. Memphis betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Mississippi State vs. Memphis
You can bet on Mississippi State vs. Memphis at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Mississippi State vs. Memphis picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.