The Minnesota Golden Gophers (0-0) play the New Mexico State Aggies (0-1) in college football action at Huntington Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Minnesota vs. New Mexico State Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 36.5 points, with oddsmakers listing Minnesota as the favorites.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 52.5 points.
Get a No Sweat First Bet up to $1,000
How to Watch Minnesota vs. New Mexico State Live?
- Game Day: Thursday, September 1, 2022
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: BTN
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Huntington Bank Stadium
- Last year, Minnesota averaged 14.9 fewer points per game (25.5) than New Mexico State surrendered (40.4).
- Minnesota collected 360.1 yards per game last season, 128.7 fewer yards than the 488.8 New Mexico State gave up per matchup.
- Last season, Minnesota rushed for just 3.5 more yards (198.1) than New Mexico State allowed per contest (194.6).
- The Golden Gophers had a 5-0 ATS record and a 4-1 overall record when the team ran for more than 194.6 yards last year.
New Mexico State
- New Mexico State put up 22.6 points per game last season, 5.3 more than Minnesota allowed (17.3).
- The Aggies were 6-1 against the spread and 2-5 overall in games when they put up more than 17.3 points last season.
- New Mexico State averaged 92.0 more yards per game (370.8) than Minnesota allowed per matchup (278.8) last season.
- When the Aggies amassed over 278.8 yards last year, the team was 7-3 against the spread and 2-8 overall.
- New Mexico State rushed for 101.4 yards per game last year, just 3.9 more yards than the 97.5 Minnesota allowed per contest.
- Last season the Aggies had a 4-3 ATS record and a 2-5 overall record in games the team rushed for over 97.5 yards.
Minnesota vs. New Mexico State Betting Analysis
Minnesota Betting Insights
- Against the spread, Minnesota went 9-4-0 last year.
- The Golden Gophers went 5-2 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 71.4% of those games).
- The Golden Gophers never played a game last season with moneyline odds of or shorter.
- Last season, six of Minnesota’s 13 games hit the over.
Aggies Betting Insights
- New Mexico State’s record against the spread last year was 7-5-0.
- New Mexico State didn’t have a win ATS (0-1) as 36.5-point or more underdogs last year.
- Last season, the Aggies were listed as the underdog in eight games and failed to win any of those contests.
- The Aggies were 1-0 last season when entering a game as the underdog by or more on the moneyline.
- In 12 New Mexico State games last year, seven of them hit the over.
Minnesota vs. New Mexico State Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||47.5||49.8||43.7|
|Implied Total AVG||28.8||31.4||24.6|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-2||3-2||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||4-2||2-1||2-1|
|Point Total AVG||60.1||61.5||59.1|
|Implied Total AVG||41.2||36.6||44.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-0||2-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-8||0-3||0-5|
Last Season’s Leaders
- Mariano Sori-Marin had one interception to go with 73 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one pass defended last year.
- In 13 games in 2021, Jack Gibbens amassed 75 tackles and 3.0 TFL.
- Boye Mafe put up 5.0 sacks to go along with his 6.0 TFL and 30 tackles a season ago.
- Tyler Nubin collected 1.0 sack to go with 1.0 TFL, 41 tackles, and three interceptions in 13 games.
- On defense Chris Ojoh, who played in 12 games, compiled 70 tackles, 12.0 TFL, and six sacks.
- With 66 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and two sacks in 12 games, Trevor Brohard was a big player on defense last season.
- With 65 tackles and one interception, Caleb Mills was an important contributor last year on defense.
- With 1.0 TFL, 53 tackles, and one interception, Nick Giacolone made a big difference on D.
Minnesota vs. New Mexico State Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is Minnesota, and we project that New Mexico State will cover the spread (Minnesota -36.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 52.5 points.
Minnesota vs. New Mexico State betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Minnesota vs. New Mexico State
You can bet on Minnesota vs. New Mexico State at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Minnesota vs. New Mexico State picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.