CUSA opponents will do battle when the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (3-7) battle the UTEP Miners (3-7) at Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
Middle Tennessee vs. UTEP Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 8.5 points, with bookmakers listing Middle Tennessee as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Middle Tennessee has -336 odds to pick up the win, while UTEP is listed at +255 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 48 points.
How to Watch Middle Tennessee vs. UTEP Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, November 18, 2023
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- Stadium: Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium
Middle Tennessee is compiling 393.7 yards per game on offense, which ranks 64th in the FBS. On defense, the Blue Raiders rank 97th, giving up 401.4 yards per contest. Middle Tennessee is putting up 23.7 points per game offensively this season (91st in the FBS), and is giving up 28.4 points per game (90th) on the other side of the ball. Middle Tennessee is totaling 266.9 passing yards per game on offense (35th in the FBS), and ranks 101st on defense with 243.1 passing yards allowed per game. From an offensive standpoint, Middle Tennessee ranks 103rd in the FBS with 126.8 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defensive unit ranks 85th in rushing yards allowed per contest (158.3). Middle Tennessee is averaging a 41.3% third-down percentage on offense, which ranks them 50th in the FBS. On defense, the defense ranks 105th, surrendering a 42.5% third-down conversion rate. With nine forced turnovers (91st in the FBS) against 15 turnovers committed (109th in the FBS), Middle Tennessee’s -6 turnover margin is the 18th-worst in college football.
From an offensive perspective, UTEP is generating 361.6 total yards per game (86th-ranked). It ranks 68th in the FBS on the other side of the ball (375.1 total yards allowed per game). UTEP has been sputtering offensively, ranking eighth-worst in the FBS with 18.1 points per game. It has been more productive on defense, giving up 26.6 points per contest (69th-ranked). UTEP ranks 94th in the FBS with 202.7 passing yards per game, but it has been lifted up by its defense, which ranks 24th-best by allowing only 194.6 passing yards per game. UTEP’s defense has been a bottom-25 unit in run defense this season, allowing 180.5 rushing yards per game, which ranks 20th-worst in the FBS. On the offensive side of the ball, it ranks 65th with 158.9 rushing yards per contest. UTEP’s third-down offense has been a bottom-25 unit this season, putting up a 30.8% third-down percentage, which ranks 11th-worst in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 107th with a 43% third-down rate ceded. UTEP has forced six turnovers this season and have turned it over 12 times, leading to a -6 turnover margin that is 18th-worst in the FBS.
Middle Tennessee vs. UTEP Betting Analysis
Middle Tennessee Betting Insights
Middle Tennessee is 4-6-0 against the spread this season. Middle Tennessee has 1-1 ATS when playing as at least 8.5-point favorites. This season, four Middle Tennessee games have gone over the point total. The Blue Raiders have won two of the four games they were listed as the moneyline favorite this season (50%). The Blue Raiders have played as a moneyline favorite of -336 or shorter in only one game this season, which they won.
UTEP Betting Insights
UTEP is 4-6-0 against the spread this season. UTEP is 1-1 ATS when playing as at least 8.5-point underdogs. UTEP games have gone over the total three times this year. This season, the Miners have been the underdog seven times and won two of those games. The Miners have not won as an underdog of +255 or more on the moneyline this season in two such games.
Middle Tennessee vs. UTEP Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||53.0||51.5||54.4|
|Implied Total AVG||33.5||31.2||35.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-2||2-2||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-5||0-0||0-5|
|Point Total AVG||49.4||52.1||46.6|
|Implied Total AVG||27.0||28.2||25.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-2||1-1||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-5||0-3||2-2|
Players to Watch
- Nick Vattiato has helped drive the Blue Raiders’ offense this year, piling up 2,604 passing yards with 20 passing touchdowns, nine interceptions and a 67.1% completion percentage.
- In addition to the stats he’s generated in the passing game, Vattiato has also chipped in 307 rushing yards and two touchdowns in 10 games.
- Elijah Metcalf has been an important contributor for the Blue Raiders, compiling 583 receiving yards and six touchdowns on 49 receptions.
- As part of the Blue Raiders’ air attack, Holden Willis has caught 35 balls on zero targets for 552 yards and three touchdowns.
- Jaiden Credle has rushed for 389 yards (4.9 yards per carry) and two touchdowns as part of the Blue Raiders’ ground game.
- Credle has compiled 22 receptions on zero targets for 132 yards and one touchdown as a pass-catcher in 2023.
- As part of the Blue Raiders’ defensive unit, Tra Fluellen has registered 63 tackles, two TFL, and three interceptions in 10 games.
- Sam Brumfield has suited up for 10 games, posting 54 tackles, four TFL, and three sacks for the Blue Raiders.
- As part of the Blue Raiders’ defense, Jakobe Thomas has compiled 49 tackles and one TFL in nine games.
- Teldrick Ross, as part of the Blue Raiders’ defense, has recorded 41 tackles in nine games.
- In nine games, Kelly Akharaiyi has 37 catches for 786 yards (87.3 per game) and five touchdowns.
- On the ground, Deion Hankins has scored three touchdowns and picked up 746 yards (74.6 per game).
- Torrance Burgess Jr. has rushed for 615 yards (61.5 per game) and two touchdowns in 10 games.
- Burgess Jr. also has 14 catches for 183 yards and zero TDs.
- In five games, Gavin Hardison has thrown for 947 yards (189.4 per game), with five touchdowns and seven interceptions, and a completion percentage of 56.6%.
- In 10 games for the Miners, Tyrice Knight has totaled two sacks to go with seven TFL and 100 tackles.
- James Neal has been causing chaos on defense, posting one interception to go with 62 tackles, one TFL, and two passes defended for the Miners.
- Maurice Westmoreland has been providing a big boost on defense, collecting five sacks to go with two TFL and 31 tackles for the Miners.
- Praise Amaewhule has totaled five sacks to go with one TFL, 27 tackles, and one interception in eight games for the Miners.
Middle Tennessee vs. UTEP Predictions and Pick
Middle Tennessee vs. UTEP betting card
- Pick ATS:
Middle Tennessee (-8.5)
- Pick OU: Over (48)
How to Bet on Middle Tennessee vs. UTEP
You can bet on Middle Tennessee vs. UTEP at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Middle Tennessee vs. UTEP picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our pick to win this matchup is Middle Tennessee, and we expect that Middle Tennessee will cover the spread (Middle Tennessee -8.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 48 points.