The No. 2 Michigan Wolverines (12-0) and Purdue Boilermakers (8-4) will square off in in the Big Ten Championship Game.
Michigan vs. Purdue Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 16 points, with bookmakers listing Michigan as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Michigan has -911 odds to pick up the win, while Purdue is listed at +575 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 52.5 points.
How to Watch Michigan vs. Purdue Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, December 3, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Stadium: Lucas Oil Stadium
Michigan has been shining on both offense and defense, ranking 24th-best in total offense (459.1 yards per game) and second-best in total defense (262.2 yards allowed per game). Michigan has been thriving on both offense and defense, ranking eighth-best in scoring offense (39.8 points per game) and third-best in scoring defense (12.7 points allowed per game). Michigan ranks 90th in passing yards this year (214.6 per game), but has been shining on defense, ranking 11th-best in the FBS with 177.3 passing yards allowed per game. Michigan has been clicking on all fronts in the running game this season, ranking fifth-best in rushing offense (244.5 rushing yards per game) and third-best in rushing defense (84.8 rushing yards allowed per game). Michigan has been surging on both offense and defense in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking 18th-best in third-down conversion rate (46.6%) and 13th-best in third-down conversion rate allowed (30.5%). With 13 forced turnovers (102nd in the FBS) against six turnovers committed (second in the FBS), Michigan’s +7 turnover margin is the 22nd-best in college football.
In terms of total yards, Purdue ranks 53rd in the FBS (406.5 total yards per game) and 34th defensively (347.0 total yards allowed per game). In terms of points scored Purdue ranks 66th in the FBS (28.6 points per game), and it is 41st defensively (23.1 points allowed per contest). Purdue’s pass offense has been excelling, accumulating 279.9 passing yards per contest (21st-best) this season. On defense, it ranks 58th by allowing 218.3 passing yards per game. In terms of rushing, Purdue ranks 97th in the FBS on offense (126.6 rushing yards per game) and 36th on defense (128.8 rushing yards allowed per contest). Purdue’s third-down defense has been paving the way for the team, as it ranks 20th-best in the FBS with a 31.7% third-down conversion percentage allowed. In terms of offense, it is compiling a 38.7% third-down rate, which ranks 72nd. With 18 forced turnovers (47th in the FBS) and 18 turnovers committed (76th in the FBS) this season, Purdue ranks 100th in the FBS with a turnover margin of 0.
Michigan vs. Purdue Betting Analysis
Michigan Betting Insights
Michigan has put together a 7-5-0 record against the spread this season. In games they were favored in by 16 points or more so far this season, the Michigan has gone 4-5 against the spread. This season, Michigan games have hit the over three times. The Wolverines have been the moneyline favorite a total of nine times this season, and they’ve won all of those games. The Wolverines have won all six games they have played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -911 or shorter.
Boilermakers Betting Insights
Purdue has covered the spread five times in 12 games with a set total. Games involving Purdue have hit the over on seven occasions this year. This season, the Boilermakers have been the underdog six times and won three of those games. The Boilermakers have played as an underdog of +575 or more once this season and won that game.
Michigan vs. Purdue Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||54.0||55.9||50.1|
|Implied Total AVG||39.4||42.1||34.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||9-0||7-0||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-0||0-0||1-0|
|Point Total AVG||52.0||50.6||53.4|
|Implied Total AVG||31.3||33.0||29.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-1||3-1||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-3||0-1||3-2|
Players to Watch
- As part of the Wolverines’ defensive unit, Junior Colson has compiled 78 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and two sacks in 12 games.
- With two interceptions to go with 55 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 2.5 sacks, and two passes defended in 12 games, Michael Barrett has been an important contributor to the Wolverines’ defense in 2022.
- With 20 tackles, 9.0 TFL, and seven sacks in 12 games, Mike Morris has been an important contributor to the Wolverines’ defense in 2022.
- Rod Moore, as part of the Wolverines’ defensive unit, has recorded 0.5 sacks to go with 1.0 TFL, 43 tackles, and three interceptions in 12 games.
- In 12 games for the Boilermakers, Jalen Graham has collected 1.0 sack to go with 4.0 TFL, 45 tackles, and one interception.
- Sanoussi Kane has been doing his part on defense, registering 41 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and one pass defended for the Boilermakers.
- Jack Sullivan has delivered 5.5 sacks to go with 4.0 TFL and 23 tackles in 12 games for the Boilermakers.
- With three interceptions to go with 29 tackles and four passes defended in 12 games, Cam Allen has been wreaking havoc on defense for the Boilermakers.
Michigan vs. Purdue Predictions and Pick
Michigan vs. Purdue betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Michigan vs. Purdue
You can bet on Michigan vs. Purdue at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Michigan vs. Purdue picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our prediction to win this matchup is Michigan, and we expect that Michigan will cover the spread (Michigan -16). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 52.5 points.