Big Ten foes will battle when the No. 2 Michigan Wolverines (10-0) meet the Maryland Terrapins (6-4).
Michigan vs. Maryland Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 18.5 points, with sportsbooks listing Michigan as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Michigan has -1059 odds to pick up the win, while Maryland is listed at +657 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 51.5 points.
How to Watch Michigan vs. Maryland Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, November 18, 2023
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: College Park, Maryland
- Stadium: Capital One Field at Maryland Stadium
Michigan sports the 48th-ranked offense this season (411.3 yards per game), and has been even more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking best with only 232.0 yards allowed per game. Michigan has been making things happen on both sides of the ball this season, as they rank 10th-best in scoring offense (39.0 points per game) and best in scoring defense (7.5 points allowed per game). Defensively, Michigan has been a top-25 unit in terms of passing yards, ranking best by giving up only 134.6 passing yards per game. The Wolverines rank 58th on offense (237.4 passing yards per game). Defensively, Michigan has been a top-25 unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking 12th-best by giving up just 97.4 per game. The Wolverines rank 46th on offense (173.9 rushing yards per game). Michigan has been finding success on both sides of the ball in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking third-best in third-down conversion rate (54.5%) and 14th-best in third-down conversion rate allowed (29.3%). With 13 forced turnovers (34th in the FBS) against five turnovers committed (seventh in the FBS), Michigan’s +8 turnover margin is the eighth-best in college football.
Maryland ranks 60th with 396.6 total yards per contest on offense, and it ranks 39th with 340.9 total yards ceded per game on defense. In terms of points scored Maryland ranks 57th in the FBS (28.9 points per game), and it is 47th on the other side of the ball (22.4 points allowed per contest). Maryland’s pass defense ranks 54th in the FBS with 218.2 passing yards given up per game, but it has been bolstered by its offense, which ranks 24th-best by generating 281.0 passing yards per contest. Maryland’s rushing offense has been a bottom-25 unit this season, registering 115.6 rushing yards per game, which ranks 23rd-worst in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 33rd with 122.7 rushing yards allowed per contest. Maryland’s third-down offense has been excelling, producing a 44.7% third-down conversion rate (24th-best) this season. Defensively, it ranks 29th by surrendering a 33.8% third-down rate. Maryland has compiled 17 forced turnovers this season and have turned the ball over nine times, leading to a +8 turnover margin, which ranks eighth-best in the FBS.
Michigan vs. Maryland Betting Analysis
Michigan Betting Insights
Michigan has covered the spread five times this season (5-4-1). Michigan is 3-4-1 ATS when playing as at least 18.5-point favorites. Games involving Michigan have hit the over five times this season. The Wolverines have yet to lose when playing as the moneyline favorite this season, going 7-0. The Wolverines have played six times as a moneyline favorite with odds of -1059 or shorter, and claimed a victory in each game.
Maryland Betting Insights
Maryland has covered the spread four times over 10 games with a set total. This year, five Maryland games have gone over the point total. The Terrapins have lost both games they’ve played as underdogs this season. The Terrapins have played as an underdog of +657 or more once this season and won that game.
Michigan vs. Maryland Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||48.4||51.1||44.4|
|Implied Total AVG||37.8||42.5||30.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||7-0||3-0||4-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||50.5||50.9||49.9|
|Implied Total AVG||33.3||35.3||30.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-2||3-1||2-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-2||0-1||0-1|
Players to Watch
- In 10 games for the Wolverines, Blake Corum has scampered for 794 rushing yards and 18 touchdowns while averaging 5.2 yards per carry.
- J.J. McCarthy has suited up for 10 games in 2023, and he’s aired it out for 2,194 passing yards, 18 touchdowns, three interceptions and a 76.2% completion percentage.
- As a runner, McCarthy has scrambled for 171 yards (3.8 YPC) and three touchdowns.
- Roman Wilson has been an integral part of the Wolverines’ passing offense in 2023, posting 36 catches for 589 yards and 10 touchdowns.
- In 10 games for the Wolverines, Donovan Edwards has put up 284 rushing yards (3.4 yards per carry) and three touchdowns.
- The receiving skills of Edwards have led to 24 receptions (on zero targets) for 225 yards and zero touchdowns.
- Mike Sainristil has played seven games, registering one sack to go with two TFL, 20 tackles, and three interceptions for the Wolverines.
- As part of the Wolverines’ defense, Junior Colson has totaled two TFL and 49 tackles in nine games.
- With 37 tackles and one sack in 10 games, Michael Barrett has been a big contributor to the Wolverines’ defensive unit in 2023.
- Josaiah Stewart has been a significant contributor to the Wolverines’ defense in 2023, with 25 tackles, three TFL, and four sacks in 10 games.
- Taulia Tagovailoa has passed for 2,769 yards (276.9 per game), completing 65.3% of his passes, with 22 touchdowns and eight interceptions in 10 games.
- In 10 games, Roman Hemby has rushed for 515 yards (51.5 per game) and four TDs.
- Hemby also has 29 receptions for 246 yards and two TDs.
- In 10 games, Kaden Prather has 37 receptions for 523 yards (52.3 per game) and five touchdowns.
- In the passing game, Jeshaun Jones has scored four TDs, catching 45 balls for 607 yards (67.4 per game).
- In seven games for the Terrapins, Tarheeb Still has registered two TFL, 27 tackles, and five interceptions.
- Beau Brade has registered 50 tackles and one interception in nine games for the Terrapins.
- Ruben Hyppolite II has been providing a big boost on defense, compiling one sack to go with 41 tackles for the Terrapins.
- With 33 tackles, two TFL, and four sacks in 10 games, Kellan Wyatt has been providing a big boost on defense for the Terrapins.
Michigan vs. Maryland Predictions and Pick
Michigan vs. Maryland betting card
- Pick ATS:
- Pick OU: Under (51.5)
How to Bet on Michigan vs. Maryland
You can bet on Michigan vs. Maryland at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Michigan vs. Maryland picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our prediction to win this contest is Michigan, and we predict that Michigan will cover the spread (Michigan -18.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 51.5 points.