The Michigan State Spartans (0-0) will battle the Western Michigan Broncos (0-0) at Spartan Stadium in East Lansing, Michigan.
Michigan State vs. Western Michigan Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 21 points, with oddsmakers listing Michigan State as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Michigan State has -2231 odds to pick up the win, while Western Michigan is listed at +1039 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 54.5 points.
10x your first bet. Up to $200 in bonus bets.
How to Watch Michigan State vs. Western Michigan Live?
- Game Day: Friday, September 2, 2022
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN2
- Location: East Lansing, Michigan
- Stadium: Spartan Stadium
- Michigan State averaged 3.6 more points per game (31.8) than Western Michigan gave up (28.2) last season.
- When the Spartans scored over 28.2 points last year, they were 7-1 against the spread and 8-1 overall.
- Michigan State averaged 98.7 more yards per game (429.5) than Western Michigan allowed per contest (330.8) last year.
- In games that the Spartans totaled over 330.8 yards last year, the team was 7-1 against the spread and 8-1 overall.
- Michigan State rushed for 175.8 yards per game last season, 31.3 more than the 144.5 Western Michigan allowed per contest.
- When the Spartans rushed for more than 144.5 yards last season, they had a 7-1 ATS record and an 8-1 overall record.
- Last season Western Michigan put up 7.2 more points per game (32.5) than Michigan State surrendered (25.3).
- The Broncos were 4-2 against the spread and 5-1 overall last season when the team recorded over 25.3 points.
- Western Michigan collected 25.9 more yards per game (467.7) than Michigan State gave up per outing (441.8) last season.
- When the Broncos picked up more than 441.8 yards last season, the team was 3-3 against the spread and 5-2 overall.
- Last year Western Michigan averaged 214.1 rushing yards per game, 97.5 more than Michigan State allowed per contest (116.6).
- The Broncos had a 5-6 ATS record and a 7-5 overall record when the team ran for over 116.6 yards last year.
Michigan State vs. Western Michigan Betting Analysis
Michigan State Betting Insights
- Michigan State was 9-3-1 against the spread last season.
- Michigan State failed to notch a win ATS (0-0-1) as at least 21-point favorites last year.
- The Spartans were the moneyline favorite seven total times last season. They went 6-1 in those games.
- The Spartans never played a game last season with moneyline odds of -2231 or shorter.
- Last year, six of Michigan State’s 13 games went over the point total.
Broncos Betting Insights
- Against the spread, Western Michigan was 5-6-1 last season.
- The Broncos split the two games they played as underdogs last season.
- The Broncos were not a bigger underdog last season than the +1039 moneyline set for this game.
- There were six Western Michigan games (out of 12) that hit the over last season.
Michigan State vs. Western Michigan Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||54.9||55.7||54.0|
|Implied Total AVG||31.7||32.7||30.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||6-1||4-0||2-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||4-1||2-0||2-1|
|Point Total AVG||61.1||61.7||60.5|
|Implied Total AVG||35.8||36.7||34.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||6-4||4-2||2-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||0-0||1-1|
Last Season’s Leaders
- As a key defensive contributor, Xavier Henderson compiled 90 tackles, 6.0 TFL, three sacks, and one interception in 13 games last year.
- Cal Haladay amassed 0.5 sacks to go with 2.0 TFL, 85 tackles, and two interceptions in 13 games.
- Darius Snow had 3.0 TFL, 76 tackles, and one interception in 13 games a season ago.
- In 2021, Jacub Panasiuk had 38 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and seven sacks.
- Last year Corvin Moment registered 63 tackles, 13.0 TFL, and four sacks in 13 games.
- On defense, Ali Fayad compiled 11.5 sacks to go with 12.0 TFL and 36 tackles.
- Zaire Barnes amassed 58 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and 2.5 sacks in 13 games.
- The contributions of Ryan Selig, who played in 13 games, included 3.5 sacks to go with 5.0 TFL, 51 tackles, and one interception.
Michigan State vs. Western Michigan Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is Michigan State, and we predict that Western Michigan will cover the spread (Michigan State -21). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 54.5 points.
Michigan State vs. Western Michigan betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Michigan State vs. Western Michigan
You can bet on Michigan State vs. Western Michigan at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Michigan State vs. Western Michigan picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.