The Maryland Terrapins (2-0) and Virginia Cavaliers (0-2) will battle at Capital One Field at Maryland Stadium in College Park, Maryland.
Maryland vs. Virginia Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 16.5 points, with bookmakers listing Maryland as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Maryland has -777 odds to pick up the win, while Virginia is listed at +518 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 48.5 points.
How to Watch Maryland vs. Virginia Live?
- Game Day: Friday, September 15, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FS1
- Location: College Park, Maryland
- Stadium: Capital One Field at Maryland Stadium
Maryland averaged 4.2 more points per game (28.2) than Virginia allowed (24) last year. Maryland was 6-4 against the spread and 7-3 overall last season when the team put up over 24 points. Virginia had a 3-3 record against the spread and a 3-3 record overall in games when it surrendered fewer than 28.2 points last season. Maryland averaged 43.3 more yards per game (401.3) than Virginia gave up per matchup (358) last season.
Last year Virginia scored 6.2 fewer points per game (17) than Maryland surrendered (23.2). Virginia was 1-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall last year when the team scored more than 23.2 points. When Maryland limited opponents to fewer than 17 points last year, it had a 2-1 record against the spread and a 3-0 record overall. Virginia racked up 344 yards per game last season, only 12.9 fewer than the 356.9 Maryland gave up per matchup.
Maryland vs. Virginia Betting Analysis
Maryland Betting Insights
Maryland has yet to win a game against the spread this season (0-2-0). Maryland is winless against the spread when it is 16.5-point or greater favorites (0-2). Games involving Maryland have hit the over once this season. The Terrapins have been the moneyline favorite only one other time so far this season, a game they won. The Terrapins have played as a moneyline favorite of -777 or shorter in only one game this season, which they won.
Virginia Betting Insights
Virginia has covered the spread one time this season (1-1-0). Virginia is winless against the spread when it is 16.5-point underdogs or more (0-1). Every game involving Virginia has hit the over so far this season. The Cavaliers have lost both games they’ve played as underdogs this season. The Cavaliers have played as an underdog of +518 or more once this season and lost that game.
Maryland vs. Virginia Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||58.5||59.7||57.2|
|Implied Total AVG||35.9||36.7||35.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||7-1||5-1||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-4||0-1||1-3|
|Point Total AVG||52.3||51.9||52.9|
|Implied Total AVG||29.8||30.2||29.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-1||2-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-6||0-3||1-3|
Last Season’s Leaders
- In 12 games last year, Taulia Tagovailoa threw for 3,008 yards (250.7 per game), with 18 touchdowns and eight interceptions, and a completion percentage of 67%.
- Tagovailoa also ran for 64 yards and four TDs.
- On the ground, Roman Hemby scored 10 touchdowns and accumulated 989 yards (76.1 per game).
- In the passing game, Hemby scored one touchdown, with 33 catches for 298 yards.
- In the passing game a season ago, Jeshaun Jones scored four TDs, hauling in 44 balls for 557 yards (46.4 per game).
- In 12 games, Antwain Littleton II ran for 379 yards (31.6 per game) and six TDs.
- In 13 games last year, Beau Brade recorded four TFL, 70 tackles, and two interceptions.
- On defense in 2022, Dante Trader had 57 tackles and two interceptions in 13 games played.
- Jaishawn Barham had three sacks to go with five TFL and 46 tackles in 11 games a season ago.
- In 2022, Jakorian Bennett had two interceptions in addition to 37 tackles, one TFL, and 11 passes defended.
- In 10 games last season, Brennan Armstrong passed for 2,210 yards (221 yards per game) while compiling seven touchdowns, 12 interceptions and a 54.6% completion percentage.
- Armstrong was a factor with his legs, too, running for 371 yards and six TDs.
- Keytaon Thompson was a key cog, racking up 579 receiving yards and zero touchdowns on 53 catches.
- Perris Jones assisted the offense by scampering for 365 yards (45.6 yards per game) and two touchdowns.
- As a pass-catcher, Perris Jones reeled in six balls on zero targets for 43 yards and two touchdowns.
- Dontayvion Wicks received zero targets last year and converted them into 30 catches (3.8 per game) for 430 yards and two TDs.
- Nick Jackson helped spur the defense with 96 tackles, six TFL, and five sacks in 10 games.
- Anthony Johnson accumulated three TFL, 52 tackles, and two interceptions in nine games.
- With 56 tackles, one TFL, one sack, and one interception, Antonio Clary was a significant player last season on defense.
- Jonas Sanker collected 56 tackles and one interception in nine games.
Maryland vs. Virginia Predictions and Pick
Maryland vs. Virginia betting card
- Pick ATS:
- Pick OU: Over (48.5)
How to Bet on Maryland vs. Virginia
You can bet on Maryland vs. Virginia at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Maryland vs. Virginia picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our prediction to win this contest is Virginia, and we project that Virginia will cover the spread (Maryland -16.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 48.5 points.