The Maryland Terrapins (2-0) will battle the SMU Mustangs (2-0) at Capital One Field at Maryland Stadium in College Park, Maryland.
Maryland vs. SMU Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3 points, with bookmakers listing Maryland as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Maryland has -147 odds to pick up the win, while SMU is listed at +118 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 72.5 points.
Great promos & odds boosts
How to Watch Maryland vs. SMU Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
- Location: College Park, Maryland
- Stadium: Capital One Field at Maryland Stadium
- Maryland scored just 0.9 more points per game (29.3) than SMU allowed (28.4) last season.
- The Terrapins were 4-1 against the spread and 5-0 overall last season when the team scored more than 28.4 points.
- Maryland racked up 441.1 yards per game last season, 26.5 more yards than the 414.6 SMU allowed per contest.
- When the Terrapins piled up more than 414.6 yards last year, the team was 4-4 against the spread and 6-2 overall.
- Last season, Maryland ran for just (136.5) than SMU allowed per contest (136.5).
- When the Terrapins ran for more than 136.5 yards last season, they had a 4-1 ATS record and a 4-1 overall record.
- SMU put up 7.7 more points per game (38.4) than Maryland surrendered (30.7) last year.
- The Mustangs were 5-4 against the spread and 8-2 overall in games when they put up more than 30.7 points last season.
- SMU averaged 64.1 more yards per game (465.9) than Maryland gave up per matchup (401.8) last season.
- In games that the Mustangs piled up over 401.8 yards last season, the team was 5-3 against the spread and 8-1 overall.
- Last season SMU averaged 161.4 yards per game on the ground, just 9.2 more yards than Maryland allowed per outing (152.2).
- When the Mustangs ran for over 152.2 yards last year they had a 5-1 ATS record and a 7-0 overall record.
Maryland vs. SMU Betting Analysis
Maryland Betting Insights
- Maryland was 5-8-0 against the spread last year.
- As 3-point or greater favorites, Maryland went 3-2 against the spread last season.
- The Terrapins won all four of the games they were favored on the moneyline last season.
- The Terrapins won all four games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -147 or shorter.
- Maryland had seven of its 13 games go over the point total last year.
Mustangs Betting Insights
- SMU had five wins in 12 games against the spread last season.
- SMU had one win ATS (1-1) as underdogs of 3 points or more last year.
- The Mustangs split the two games they played as underdogs last season.
- The Mustangs were 0-1 last season when entering a game as the underdog by +118 or more on the moneyline.
- There were six SMU games (out of 12) that hit the over last season.
Maryland vs. SMU Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||57.7||56.4||59.3|
|Implied Total AVG||34.5||35.0||34.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-0||2-0||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-6||1-3||1-3|
|Point Total AVG||66.0||67.3||64.7|
|Implied Total AVG||39.3||42.5||36.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||6-3||4-1||2-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||0-0||1-1|
Last Season’s Leaders
- As a playmaker on defense, Nick Cross compiled 61 tackles, 2.0 TFL, three sacks, and three interceptions in 13 games last year.
- Sam Okuayinonu posted 6.0 sacks to go with 9.0 TFL and 49 tackles in 13 games.
- Jordan Mosley totaled 72 tackles in 13 games played a season ago.
- On defense in 2021, Tarheeb Still racked up 51 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one sack over 13 games.
- On defense Delano Robinson, who was on the field for 12 games, totaled 67 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception.
- DeVere Levelston, who played in 12 games, registered 6.5 sacks to go with 9.0 TFL and 32 tackles.
- In 12 games, Turner Coxe posted 30 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and five sacks.
- With 4.5 sacks to go along with 7.0 TFL and 39 tackles, Gary Wiley made a big impact on D.
Maryland vs. SMU Predictions and Pick
Maryland vs. SMU betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Maryland vs. SMU
You can bet on Maryland vs. SMU at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Maryland vs. SMU picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our pick to win this contest is SMU, and we project that SMU will cover the spread (Maryland -3). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 72.5 points.