The Maryland Terrapins (1-0) and Charlotte 49ers (0-2) will clash in a matchup at Jerry Richardson Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Maryland vs. Charlotte Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 28 points, with bookmakers listing Maryland as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Maryland has -6125 odds to pick up the win, while Charlotte is listed at +1587 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 64.5 points.
Get a No Sweat First Bet up to $1,000
How to Watch Maryland vs. Charlotte Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: STADIUM
- Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Stadium: Jerry Richardson Stadium
- Maryland averaged 4.7 fewer points per game (29.3) than Charlotte surrendered (34.0) last season.
- The Terrapins were 3-1 against the spread and 4-0 overall in games when they put up over 34.0 points last season.
- Maryland averaged 24.1 fewer yards per game (441.1) than Charlotte gave up per matchup (465.2) last year.
- When the Terrapins churned out over 465.2 yards last season, the team was 4-2 against the spread and 6-0 overall.
- Last season Maryland piled up 136.5 rushing yards per game, 67.8 fewer than Charlotte allowed per outing (204.3).
- Last year the Terrapins had a 2-0 ATS record and a 2-0 overall record in games the team rushed for over 204.3 yards.
- Charlotte scored 3.5 fewer points per game (27.2) than Maryland surrendered (30.7) last season.
- The 49ers were 4-2 against the spread and 5-2 overall last season when the team put up more than 30.7 points.
- Charlotte averaged only 1.5 more yards per game (403.3) than Maryland allowed per contest (401.8) last year.
- The 49ers were 2-2 against the spread and 3-2 overall when the team piled up over 401.8 yards last year.
- Charlotte rushed for 150.5 yards per game last year, just 1.7 fewer yards than the 152.2 Maryland allowed per contest.
- The 49ers had a 3-2 ATS record and a 4-2 overall record when the team rushed for more than 152.2 yards last year.
Maryland vs. Charlotte Betting Analysis
Maryland Betting Insights
- Against the spread, Maryland went 5-8-0 last year.
- Maryland did not lose ATS (1-0) as a 28-point or greater favorite last year.
- The Terrapins won all four of the games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season.
- The Terrapins never played a game last season with moneyline odds of -6125 or shorter.
- There were seven Maryland games (out of 13) that hit the over last year.
49ers Betting Insights
- Charlotte’s record against the spread last year was 5-6-1.
- The 49ers were underdogs in eight games last season and won one (12.5%) of those contests.
- The 49ers were not a bigger underdog last season than the +1587 moneyline set for this game.
- In 12 Charlotte games last year, six of them hit the over.
Maryland vs. Charlotte Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||57.7||56.4||59.3|
|Implied Total AVG||34.5||35.0||34.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-0||2-0||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-6||1-3||1-3|
|Point Total AVG||59.2||57.8||60.6|
|Implied Total AVG||34.5||34.2||34.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-0||3-0||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-7||1-2||0-5|
Last Season’s Leaders
- On defense last year, Nick Cross helped set the tone with three interceptions to go with 61 tackles, 2.0 TFL, three sacks, and six passes defended in 13 games.
- In 13 games in 2021, Sam Okuayinonu registered 49 tackles, 9.0 TFL, and six sacks.
- Jordan Mosley 72 tackles a season ago.
- In 2021, Tarheeb Still had 51 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and one pass defended.
- With 6.0 sacks to go with 4.0 TFL and 44 tackles in 12 games, Markees Watts was a big contributor on defense.
- On defense, Tyler Murray collected 1.5 sacks to go with 3.0 TFL and 60 tackles.
- With 53 tackles, 0.5 sacks, and two interceptions, Luke Martin was an important contributor last year on defense.
- Justin Whisenhunt totaled 1.0 sack to go with 5.0 TFL, 39 tackles, and one interception in 12 games.
Maryland vs. Charlotte Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this contest is Maryland, and we predict that Charlotte will cover the spread (Maryland -28). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 64.5 points.
Maryland vs. Charlotte betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Maryland vs. Charlotte
You can bet on Maryland vs. Charlotte at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Maryland vs. Charlotte picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.