The Cheez-it Citrus Bowl will see the LSU Tigers battle the Purdue Boilermakers.
LSU vs. Purdue Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 15 points, with oddsmakers listing LSU as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, LSU has -698 odds to pick up the win, while Purdue is listed at +462 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 54 points.
How to Watch LSU vs. Purdue Live?
- Game Day: Monday, January 2, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ABC
- Location: Orlando, Florida
- Stadium: Camping World Stadium
On offense, LSU ranks 30th in the FBS with 442.2 yards per game. Meanwhile, its defense ranks 51st in total defense (361.6 yards allowed per contest). LSU is averaging 32.3 points per game on offense (37th in the FBS), and ranks 45th on the other side of the ball with 23.7 points allowed per game. LSU is totaling 261.6 passing yards per game on offense (38th in the FBS), and ranks 41st on defense with 208.8 passing yards allowed per game. LSU is averaging 180.6 rushing yards per game on offense (44th in the FBS), and ranks 73rd on the other side of the ball with 152.8 rushing yards allowed per game. Offensively, LSU has been a top-25 unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking 13th-best in the FBS by averaging a 47.3% third-down percentage. The defense ranks 84th on defense (40.7% third-down conversion rate allowed). With 16 forced turnovers (68th in the FBS) against 17 turnovers committed (64th in the FBS), LSU’s -1-1 turnover margin ranks 100th in college football.
Purdue ranks 47th with 410.3 total yards per game on offense, and it ranks 40th with 350.0 total yards ceded per contest on the defensive side of the ball. From an offensive perspective, Purdue is putting up 28.1 points per contest (68th-ranked). It ranks 53rd in the FBS on defense (24.6 points given up per game). Purdue’s pass defense ranks 50th in the FBS with 213.8 passing yards surrendered per contest, but it has been bolstered by its offense, which ranks 17th-best by racking up 286.5 passing yards per contest. In terms of rushing, Purdue ranks 98th in the FBS on offense (123.8 rushing yards per game) and 46th defensively (136.2 rushing yards allowed per contest). Purdue’s third-down defense has been leading the way for the team, as it ranks 20th-best in the FBS with a 32.8% third-down conversion rate allowed. In terms of offense, it is putting up a 40.0% third-down rate, which ranks 57th. At -2, Purdue owns the 100th-ranked turnover margin in the FBS, with 18 forced turnovers (45th in the FBS) and 20 turnovers committed (101st in the FBS).
LSU vs. Purdue Betting Analysis
LSU Betting Insights
LSU has put together a 6-6-0 record against the spread this season. LSU has a perfect 2-0 ATS record when playing as at least 15-point favorites. This season, six LSU games have gone over the point total. The Tigers have been the moneyline favorite seven total times this season. They’ve gone 5-2 in those games. The Tigers have played as a moneyline favorite of -698 or shorter in just two games this season, and they won both.
Boilermakers Betting Insights
Purdue has covered the spread five times over 13 games with a set total. Purdue has yet to cover a spread (0-1) when playing as at least 15-point underdogs. This year, Purdue games have hit the over eight times. The Boilermakers have won three of the seven games they’ve played as underdogs this season. The Boilermakers have a record of 0-1 when they’re set as an underdog of +462 or more by oddsmakers this season.
LSU vs. Purdue Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||53.2||55.4||51.0|
|Implied Total AVG||31.4||33.3||29.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-2||3-0||2-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-2||2-1||1-1|
|Point Total AVG||52.1||50.6||53.4|
|Implied Total AVG||31.5||33.0||30.1|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-1||3-1||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-4||0-1||3-3|
Players to Watch
- The Tigers’ defense has been helped by the play of Harold Perkins, who has played 12 games and delivered 65 tackles, 10 TFL, six sacks, and one interception.
- Micah Baskerville has suited up for 11 games, delivering one interception to go along with 74 tackles, four TFL, one sack, and six passes defended for the Tigers.
- As part of the Tigers’ defensive unit, Greg Penn III has amassed 67 tackles, five TFL, and two passes defended in 11 games.
- With four sacks to go along with five TFL and 51 tackles, BJ Ojulari has helped carry the Tigers’ defense over 10 games.
- Sanoussi Kane has amassed 62 tackles, two TFL, one sack, and three passes defended in 12 games for the Boilermakers.
- In nine games for the Boilermakers, Jalen Graham has posted one interception to go with 52 tackles, five TFL, one sack, and five passes defended.
- Cam Allen has been causing chaos on defense, compiling one TFL, 38 tackles, and three interceptions for the Boilermakers.
- On defense, Cory Trice has chipped in with 30 tackles, two TFL, and two interceptions in 11 games.
LSU vs. Purdue Predictions and Pick
LSU vs. Purdue betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on LSU vs. Purdue
You can bet on LSU vs. Purdue at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s LSU vs. Purdue picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our pick to win this matchup is LSU, and we expect that Purdue will cover the spread (LSU -15). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 54 points.