It’ll be the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (2-0) against the Rice Owls (1-1) in college football play at Rice Stadium in Houston, Texas.
Louisiana vs. Rice Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 11 points, with bookmakers listing Louisiana as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Louisiana has -454 odds to pick up the win, while Rice is listed at +330 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 51.5 points.
Bet $5, get $200 in bonus bets
How to Watch Louisiana vs. Rice Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Rice Stadium
- Last year, Louisiana racked up 5.1 fewer points per game (31.1) than Rice allowed (36.2).
- When the Ragin’ Cajuns put up over 36.2 points last season, they were 4-0 against the spread and 4-0 overall.
- Louisiana racked up 412.5 yards per game last season, 24.0 fewer yards than the 436.5 Rice allowed per outing.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns were 2-1 against the spread and 3-0 overall when the team amassed more than 436.5 yards last season.
- Last year Louisiana rushed for 31.1 more yards per game (193.9) than Rice allowed per outing (162.8).
- The Ragin’ Cajuns had a 4-3 ATS record and a 7-0 overall record when the team ran for over 162.8 yards last season.
- Last year Rice put up 3.0 more points per game (21.5) than Louisiana surrendered (18.5).
- When the Owls scored over 18.5 points last season, they were 3-5 against the spread and 4-4 overall.
- Rice averaged 363.0 yards per game last year, 22.1 more yards than the 340.9 Louisiana gave up per outing.
- When the Owls amassed more than 340.9 yards last year, the team was 2-5 against the spread and 3-4 overall.
- Last year Rice ran for just 2.6 more yards (151.3) than Louisiana allowed per contest (148.7).
- The Owls had a 1-4 ATS record and a 2-3 overall record when the team rushed for more than 148.7 yards last year.
Louisiana vs. Rice Betting Analysis
Louisiana Betting Insights
- Against the spread, Louisiana went 7-7-0 last year.
- Louisiana had two wins ATS (2-6) as 11-point or greater favorites last year.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns won all 10 of the games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns won all eight games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -454 or shorter.
- There were four Louisiana games (out of 14) that went over the total last year.
Owls Betting Insights
- Rice beat the spread three times in 12 games last season.
- Rice won once ATS (1-4) as underdogs of 11 points or greater last year.
- Last season, the Owls won two out of the nine games in which they were the underdog.
- The Owls were 1-2 last season when entering a game as the underdog by +330 or more on the moneyline.
- Last season, eight of Rice’s 12 games went over the point total.
Louisiana vs. Rice Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||56.3||56.5||56.0|
|Implied Total AVG||34.4||36.0||32.9|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||10-0||5-0||5-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-1||2-0||1-1|
|Point Total AVG||51.6||53.2||50.1|
|Implied Total AVG||33.1||32.5||33.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-1||1-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-7||1-2||1-5|
Last Season’s Leaders
- As a tone-setter on defense, Chauncey Manac totaled 49 tackles, 12.0 TFL, and 10.5 sacks in 14 games last year.
- On defense in 2021, Andre Jones had 51 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and four sacks in 14 games played.
- Zi’Yon Hill delivered 5.5 sacks to go with 6.0 TFL and 49 tackles in 14 games played a season ago.
- Lorenzo McCaskill collected 72 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 0.5 sacks through 14 games played in 2021.
- Josh Pearcy helped carry the defense with 25 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 4.5 sacks in 12 games.
- Ikenna Enechukwu accumulated 5.5 sacks to go along with 3.0 TFL and 18 tackles in 12 games.
- Elijah Garcia helped on defense with 19 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and four sacks in 12 games.
- Naeem Smith delivered 1.0 sack to go with 1.0 TFL, 18 tackles, and four interceptions in 12 games.
Louisiana vs. Rice Predictions and Pick
Louisiana vs. Rice betting card
- Pick ATS:
Ragin’ Cajuns (-11)
How to Bet on Louisiana vs. Rice
You can bet on Louisiana vs. Rice at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Louisiana vs. Rice picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our pick to win this contest is Louisiana, and we predict that Louisiana will cover the spread (Louisiana -11). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 51.5 points.