The James Madison Dukes (0-0) will clash with the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (0-0) at Bridgeforth Stadium and Zane Showker Field in Harrisonburg, Virginia.
James Madison vs. Middle Tennessee Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 5 points, with bookmakers listing James Madison as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, James Madison has -206 odds to pick up the win, while Middle Tennessee is listed at +168 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 59 points.
10x your first bet. Up to $200 in bonus bets.
How to Watch James Madison vs. Middle Tennessee Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 6:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Stadium: Bridgeforth Stadium and Zane Showker Field
- Last year, James Madison scored 12.6 more points per game (38.3) than Middle Tennessee gave up (25.7).
- The Dukes were against the spread and overall in games when they scored over 25.7 points last year.
- James Madison collected 436.0 yards per game last year, 62.5 more yards than the 373.5 Middle Tennessee gave up per contest.
- James Madison rushed for 159.7 yards per game last year, 22.4 more than the 137.3 Middle Tennessee allowed per outing.
- Last season Middle Tennessee put up 14.4 more points per game (29.8) than James Madison allowed (15.4).
- The Blue Raiders were 6-2 against the spread and 6-3 overall in games when they scored more than 15.4 points last year.
- Middle Tennessee racked up 82.2 more yards per game (362.0) than James Madison allowed per outing (279.8) last season.
- The Blue Raiders were 6-3 against the spread and 6-4 overall when the team totaled more than 279.8 yards last season.
- Last season Middle Tennessee ran for 30.4 more yards per game (123.5) than James Madison allowed per contest (93.1).
- When the Blue Raiders ran for over 93.1 yards last season they had a 6-2 ATS record and a 6-3 overall record.
James Madison vs. Middle Tennessee Betting Analysis
James Madison Betting Insights
- The Dukes never played a game last season with moneyline odds of -206 or shorter.
Blue Raiders Betting Insights
- Against the spread, Middle Tennessee was 7-5-1 last season.
- Middle Tennessee won twice ATS (2-4) as underdogs of 5 points or greater last year.
- Last season, the Blue Raiders won three out of the eight games in which they were the underdog.
- The Blue Raiders had a record of 0-2 in games where bookmakers had them as underdogs of at least +168 on the moneyline.
- In 13 Middle Tennessee games last season, six of them went over the total.
James Madison vs. Middle Tennessee Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||55.8||55.2||56.2|
|Implied Total AVG||33.5||32.2||34.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-1||3-1||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-5||1-0||2-5|
Last Season’s Leaders
- On defense last year, Diamonte Tucker-Dorsey helped keep opposing offenses in check with four interceptions to go with 27 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 2.5 sacks, and two passes defended in 14 games.
- Bryce Carter had 12 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and eight sacks.
- Isaac Ukwu delivered 12 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and nine sacks in 14 games a season ago.
- On defense in 2021, Mike Greene chipped in with 20 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and five sacks over 14 games.
- On defense Reed Blankenship, who was on the field for 13 games, posted 88 tackles, 8.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception.
- On defense, DQ Thomas totaled 5.0 sacks to go with 11.0 TFL, 70 tackles, and two interceptions.
- With 48 tackles, 11.0 TFL, and eight sacks, Jordan Ferguson was a key contributor last year on defense.
- Gregory Grate Jr. posted 1.0 TFL, 73 tackles, and three interceptions in 13 games.
James Madison vs. Middle Tennessee Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is James Madison, and we project that James Madison will cover the spread (James Madison -5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 59 points.
James Madison vs. Middle Tennessee betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on James Madison vs. Middle Tennessee
You can bet on James Madison vs. Middle Tennessee at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s James Madison vs. Middle Tennessee picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.