CUSA foes will do battle when the Jacksonville State Gamecocks (7-3) meet the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (3-8) at Burgess-Snow Field at JSU Stadium in Jacksonville, Alabama.
Jacksonville State vs. Louisiana Tech Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 9.5 points, with bookmakers listing Jacksonville State as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Jacksonville State has -366 odds to pick up the win, while Louisiana Tech is listed at +280 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 55 points.
How to Watch Jacksonville State vs. Louisiana Tech Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, November 18, 2023
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Jacksonville, Alabama
- Stadium: Burgess-Snow Field at JSU Stadium
Jacksonville State is putting up 382.6 yards per game on offense, which ranks 70th in the FBS. On defense, the Gamecocks rank 51st, giving up 362.4 yards per contest. On offense, Jacksonville State ranks 62nd in the FBS with 28.5 points per game. Meanwhile, the team’s defense ranks 34th in points allowed (362.4 points allowed per contest). Jacksonville State ranks 12th-worst in passing offense (163.3 passing yards per game) and 22nd-worst in passing defense (248.5 passing yards per game allowed) this year. Jacksonville State has been firing on all cylinders in the running game this year, ranking sixth-best in rushing offense (219.3 rushing yards per game) and 24th-best in rushing defense (113.9 rushing yards allowed per game). On the defensive side of the ball, Jacksonville State has been a top-25 unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking 21st-best by surrendering a 31.4% third-down conversion rate. The team’s offense ranks 61st (39.9% third-down conversion rate). Jacksonville State owns the 14th-best turnover margin in college football at +7, forcing 16 turnovers (eighth in the FBS) while turning it over nine times (36th in the FBS).
In terms of total yards, Louisiana Tech ranks 63rd in the FBS (394.0 total yards per game) and 95th on defense (399.5 total yards allowed per contest). Louisiana Tech has been struggling defensively, ranking 23rd-worst with 31.4 points given up per game. It has been more productive on offense, generating 26.7 points per contest (70th-ranked). Louisiana Tech ranks 41st in the FBS with 262.1 passing yards per game, but it has been lifted up by its defense, which ranks 22nd-best by giving up only 192.5 passing yards per contest. Louisiana Tech ranks 96th in rushing yards per game (131.9), but it has been less effective on the defensive side of the ball, ranking sixth-worst in the FBS with 206.9 rushing yards surrendered per contest. Louisiana Tech ranks 13th-worst in third-down conversion rate (31.4%), but it has been more productive on the other side of the ball, ranking 99th in the FBS with a 41.9% third-down rate allowed. With seven forced turnovers (115th in the FBS) and 11 turnovers committed (63rd in the FBS) this season, Louisiana Tech ranks 103rd in the FBS with a turnover margin of -4.
Jacksonville State vs. Louisiana Tech Betting Analysis
Jacksonville State Betting Insights
Jacksonville State is 7-2-1 against the spread this season. Jacksonville State is a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 9.5-point favorites. Jacksonville State games have gone over the total four times this season. The Gamecocks have won all four of the games they have been favored on the moneyline this season. The Gamecocks have played as a moneyline favorite of -366 or shorter in just one game this season, which they won.
Louisiana Tech Betting Insights
Louisiana Tech have compiled a 3-8-0 record against the spread this year. Louisiana Tech has an ATS record of 1-2 when playing as at least 9.5-point underdogs. This year, five Louisiana Tech games have gone over the point total. The Bulldogs have been listed as the underdog five times this season and have failed to win any of those games. This season, the Bulldogs have been at least a +280 underdog on the moneyline three times, losing each of those contests.
Jacksonville State vs. Louisiana Tech Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||53.2||56.0||50.3|
|Implied Total AVG||31.1||32.4||29.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-0||2-0||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-3||2-1||1-2|
|Point Total AVG||56.5||57.8||54.9|
|Implied Total AVG||33.8||33.8||33.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-3||2-3||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-5||0-1||0-4|
Players to Watch
- Zion Webb has spearheaded the Gamecocks’ offense this year, posting 927 passing yards with five passing touchdowns, four interceptions and a 50.3% completion percentage.
- Webb has been providing value on the ground, as he’s rushed for 525 yards (5.4 YPC) and four rushing touchdowns in nine games.
- In 10 games, Logan Smothers has aired it out for 655 yards (65.5 yards per game) to go along with six touchdowns, two interceptions, and a completion percentage of 56.6%.
- When he’s not airing it out, Smothers has rushed for 274 yards (27.4 yards per game) and six touchdowns in 10 games.
- Malik Jackson has assisted the Gamecocks’ offense by rushing for 624 yards (69.3 yards per carry) and four rushing touchdowns.
- As an important part of the Gamecocks’ passing attack, Perry Carter has amassed 458 receiving yards and three touchdowns on 25 receptions.
- Chris Hardie has helped spur the Gamecocks’ defense with 42 tackles, seven TFL, six sacks, and one interception in nine games.
- Fred Perry has played 10 games, amassing one interception to go along with 57 tackles, two TFL, and one pass defended for the Gamecocks.
- Quae Drake has hit the gridiron for 10 games, collecting 59 tackles, one TFL, one sack, and one interception for the Gamecocks.
- The Gamecocks’ defensive unit has been aided by Kolbi Fuqua, who has played 10 games, delivering two sacks to go with four TFL, 45 tackles, and one interception.
- Hank Bachmeier has nine TD passes and four interceptions in eight games, completing 68.0% of his throws for 1,837 yards (229.6 per game).
- Smoke Harris has 74 catches for 735 yards (66.8 per game) and four touchdowns in 11 games.
- On the ground, Tyre Shelton has scored five touchdowns and accumulated 541 yards (77.3 per game).
- In 10 games, Cyrus Allen has 40 receptions for 687 yards (68.7 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Brevin Randle has compiled 65 tackles, seven TFL, and two sacks in nine games for the Bulldogs.
- On defense, Myles Heard has helped lead the charge with 75 tackles and three TFL in nine games.
- In 10 games for the Bulldogs, Jesslord Boateng has compiled 73 tackles, four TFL, and one sack.
- On defense, Cecil Singleton has racked up 57 tackles and one interception in 10 games.
Jacksonville State vs. Louisiana Tech Predictions and Pick
Jacksonville State vs. Louisiana Tech betting card
- Pick ATS:
Jacksonville State (-9.5)
- Pick OU: Under (55)
How to Bet on Jacksonville State vs. Louisiana Tech
You can bet on Jacksonville State vs. Louisiana Tech at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Jacksonville State vs. Louisiana Tech picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our pick to win this game is Jacksonville State, and we predict that Jacksonville State will cover the spread (Jacksonville State -9.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 55 points.