The Iowa State Cyclones (1-1) and Ohio Bobcats (2-1) will battle in a matchup at Peden Stadium in Athens, Ohio.
Iowa State vs. Ohio Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with bookmakers listing Iowa State as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Iowa State has -141 odds to pick up the win, while Ohio is listed at +115 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 42.5 points.
How to Watch Iowa State vs. Ohio Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNU
- Location: Athens, Ohio
- Stadium: Peden Stadium
Last year, Iowa State put up 8.1 fewer points per game (20.2) than Ohio gave up (28.3). Iowa State was 2-1 against the spread and 3-0 overall in games when it recorded over 28.3 points last season. When Ohio gave up less than 20.2 points last season, it had a 4-1 record against the spread and a 4-1 record overall. Iowa State collected 56.7 fewer yards per game (368.9) than Ohio allowed per matchup (425.6) last season.
Last season Ohio scored 11.5 more points per game (31.8) than Iowa State surrendered (20.3). Ohio was 9-1 against the spread and 9-1 overall last year when the team recorded more than 20.3 points. Iowa State had a 4-7 record against the spread and a 4-7 record overall in games when it gave up fewer than 31.8 points last year. Ohio racked up 135.9 more yards per game (421.5) than Iowa State gave up per contest (285.6) last year.
Iowa State vs. Ohio Betting Analysis
Iowa State Betting Insights
Iowa State has gone 1-1-0 against the spread this season. Iowa State is a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites. The Cyclones have been listed as the moneyline favorite only one other time so far this season, a game they won. The Cyclones have played as a moneyline favorite of -141 or shorter in just one game this season, which they won.
Ohio Betting Insights
Ohio has covered the spread in a matchup one time this season (1-2-0). Ohio has an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs. Games involving Ohio have yet to hit the over once this season. The Bobcats have split the two games they’ve played as underdogs this season. The Bobcats have entered two games this season as the underdog by +115 or more and won each of those games.
Iowa State vs. Ohio Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||49.0||49.7||47.9|
|Implied Total AVG||28.8||29.7||27.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-4||3-2||0-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-4||0-2||1-2|
|Point Total AVG||57.1||59.7||54.4|
|Implied Total AVG||32.9||33.4||32.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||6-0||3-0||3-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||4-4||3-1||1-3|
Last Season’s Leaders
- In 12 games last year, Hunter Dekkers threw for 3,044 yards (253.7 per game), with 19 touchdowns and 14 interceptions, and a completion percentage of 66.1%.
- Dekkers also rushed for 73 yards and two TDs.
- Xavier Hutchinson had 107 catches for 1,171 yards (97.6 per game) and six touchdowns in 12 games.
- In 12 games a season ago, Jaylin Noel had 61 receptions for 609 yards (50.8 per game) and three touchdowns.
- In 10 games, Jirehl Brock ran for 445 yards (44.5 per game) and three TDs.
- In the passing game, Brock scored one touchdown, with 21 receptions for 113 yards.
- Anthony Johnson collected two interceptions to go with 65 tackles and four passes defended in 12 games last year.
- O’Rien Vance recorded two sacks to go with seven TFL and 70 tackles in 11 games.
- In 11 games a season ago, Gerry Vaughn posted 76 tackles, three TFL, and one sack.
- In 2022, Beau Freyler had one interception in addition to 68 tackles and two passes defended.
- In 11 games last year, Kurtis Rourke threw for 3,256 yards (296.0 yards per game) while recording 25 touchdowns, four interceptions and a 69.1% completion percentage.
- Rourke made an impact with his legs, too, running for 249 yards and four TDs.
- As part of the running attack, Sieh Bangura rushed for 1,078 yards and 13 touchdowns on 4.9 YPC.
- The passing attack was also boosted by the receiving ability of Bangura, who grabbed 27 balls (on zero targets) for 226 yards and two touchdowns.
- In 14 games last season, Sam Wiglusz converted zero targets into 74 catches, 883 yards and 11 touchdowns.
- Jacoby Jones got zero targets last year and turned them into 45 grabs (3.5 per game) for 776 yards and six TDs.
- Keye Thompson hit the gridiron for 11 games, amassing one sack to go with four TFL, 106 tackles, and one interception.
- With 89 tackles, nine TFL, and five sacks in 13 games, Bryce Houston was an important player on defense last year.
- With 75 tackles, five TFL, and two sacks, Jack McCrory was a significant player last year on defense.
- The contributions of Alvin Floyd, who was on the field for 11 games, included one sack to go with three TFL, 71 tackles, and one interception.
Iowa State vs. Ohio Predictions and Pick
Iowa State vs. Ohio betting card
- Pick ATS:
- Pick OU: Under (42.5)
How to Bet on Iowa State vs. Ohio
You can bet on Iowa State vs. Ohio at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Iowa State vs. Ohio picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our prediction to win this contest is Iowa State, and we expect that Ohio will cover the spread (Iowa State -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 42.5 points.