The Iowa Hawkeyes (1-0) and the Iowa State Cyclones (1-0) take the field to try to take home the Cy-Hawk Trophy.
Iowa vs. Iowa State Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3.5 points, with sportsbooks listing Iowa as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Iowa has -187 odds to pick up the win, while Iowa State is listed at +151 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 39.5 points.
10x your first bet. Up to $200 in bonus bets.
How to Watch Iowa vs. Iowa State Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: BTN
- Location: Iowa City, Iowa
- Stadium: Kinnick Stadium
- Iowa racked up just 2.9 more points per game (23.4) than Iowa State surrendered (20.5) last year.
- The Hawkeyes were 7-2 against the spread and 9-0 overall in games when they put up over 20.5 points last season.
- Iowa averaged just 6.5 fewer yards per game (303.7) than Iowa State allowed per outing (310.2) last season.
- When the Hawkeyes picked up over 310.2 yards last season, the team was 3-1 against the spread and 4-0 overall.
- Last year Iowa racked up 123.6 yards per game on the ground, just 1.6 more yards than Iowa State allowed per contest (122).
- Last year the Hawkeyes had a 4-2 ATS record and a 6-0 overall record in games the team ran for over 122 yards.
- Iowa State averaged 12.1 more points per game (31.3) than Iowa surrendered (19.2) last year.
- The Cyclones were 5-5 against the spread and 6-4 overall in games when they put up over 19.2 points last season.
- Iowa State racked up 95.6 more yards per game (424.5) than Iowa gave up per contest (328.9) last year.
- The Cyclones were 5-7 against the spread and 7-5 overall when the team churned out over 328.9 yards last season.
- Last season Iowa State ran for 46.3 more yards per game (160.7) than Iowa allowed per outing (114.4).
- When the Cyclones ran for over 114.4 yards last year they had a 5-3 ATS record and a 6-2 overall record.
Iowa vs. Iowa State Betting Analysis
Iowa Betting Insights
- Iowa had seven wins in 14 games against the spread last season.
- As 3.5-point or greater favorites last season, Iowa went 3-4.
- The Hawkeyes won eight of the nine games they were the moneyline favorite last season (88.9%).
- The Hawkeyes had a 2-1 record last year (winning 80% of their games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -187 or shorter.
- There were six Iowa games (out of 14) that went over the total last year.
Cyclones Betting Insights
- Against the spread, Iowa State was 5-8-0 last season.
- Iowa State had no wins ATS (0-1) as underdogs of 3.5 points or more last year.
- The Cyclones lost both games they played as underdogs last season.
- The Cyclones were not a bigger underdog last season than the +151 moneyline set for this game.
- Out of 13 Iowa State games last year, six hit the over.
Iowa vs. Iowa State Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||43.0||43.6||42.3|
|Implied Total AVG||25.8||27.6||23.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||8-1||6-1||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-3||0-1||2-2|
|Point Total AVG||52.1||52.1||52.2|
|Implied Total AVG||32.7||33.3||32.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||7-4||5-1||2-3|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-2||0-1||0-1|
Last Season’s Leaders
- In 14 games last year, Jack Campbell recorded one sack to go with two TFL, 102 tackles, and two interceptions.
- Seth Benson posted 74 tackles, four TFL, two sacks, and one interception in 14 games.
- Zach VanValkenburg picked up 5.5 sacks to go along with his 10 TFL and 44 tackles a season ago.
- In 2021, Lukas Van Ness had 28 tackles, nine TFL, and eight sacks.
- Last year Will McDonald IV compiled 35 tackles, six TFL, and 11.5 sacks in 13 games.
- On defense, Jake Hummel posted one sack to go with six TFL, 77 tackles, and two interceptions.
- With 42 tackles, 10 TFL, and nine sacks, Eyioma Uwazurike was a big player last season on defense.
- A significant player on defense, Mike Rose had 70 tackles, nine TFL, and three sacks.
Iowa vs. Iowa State Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is Iowa State, and we predict that Iowa State will cover the spread (Iowa -3.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 39.5 points.
Iowa vs. Iowa State betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Iowa vs. Iowa State
You can bet on Iowa vs. Iowa State at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Iowa vs. Iowa State picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.