The No. 3 Florida State Seminoles (2-0) and Boston College Eagles (1-1) will face each other in clash of ACC rivals at Alumni Stadium (MA) in Boston, Massachusetts.
Florida State vs. Boston College Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 24.5 points, with sportsbooks listing Florida State as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Florida State has -4077 odds to pick up the win, while Boston College is listed at +1288 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 46 points.
How to Watch Florida State vs. Boston College Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ABC
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Alumni Stadium (MA)
Florida State put up 36.1 points per game last season, 5.8 more than Boston College surrendered per outing (30.3). When Florida State recorded more than 30.3 points last season, it went 6-2 against the spread and 8-0 overall. When Boston College gave up less than 36.1 points last year, it had a 3-5 record against the spread and a 3-5 record overall. Florida State averaged 105.6 more yards per game (484.2) than Boston College allowed per matchup (378.6) last season.
Last season Boston College averaged just 2.8 fewer points per game (17.8) than Florida State surrendered (20.6). When Boston College recorded more than 20.6 points last year, it was 4-2 against the spread and 3-3 overall. Florida State had a 5-1 record against the spread and a 6-0 record overall in games when it allowed opponents to score fewer than 17.8 points last year. Boston College racked up 311.1 yards per game last season, only 10.7 fewer than the 321.8 Florida State allowed per contest.
Florida State vs. Boston College Betting Analysis
Florida State Betting Insights
Florida State has covered the spread two times in two games with a set spread. Florida State is a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 24.5-point favorites. Games involving the Florida State have hit the over twice this season. The Seminoles have been the moneyline favorite just one other time so far this season, a game they won. The Seminoles have played as a moneyline favorite of -4077 or shorter in only one game this season, which they won.
Boston College Betting Insights
Boston College has not covered the spread in any matchup this year (0-2-0). This season, each Boston College game has hit the over. This is the first time the Eagles will play as underdogs this season. The Eagles have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +1288.
Florida State vs. Boston College Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||55.0||55.9||53.1|
|Implied Total AVG||34.4||37.0||29.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||9-1||6-1||3-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-2||0-1||0-1|
|Point Total AVG||47.4||47.8||46.9|
|Implied Total AVG||31.5||32.2||30.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-2||0-1||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-7||1-3||1-4|
Last Season’s Leaders
- In 13 games last year, Jordan Travis passed for 3,214 yards (247.2 per game), with 24 touchdowns and five interceptions, and a completion percentage of 64.2%.
- Also, Travis ran for 417 yards and seven TDs.
- Trey Benson ran for 990 yards (76.2 per game) and nine touchdowns in 13 games.
- Also, Benson had 13 receptions for 144 yards and zero touchdowns.
- In 12 games a season ago, Johnny Wilson had 43 catches for 897 yards (74.8 per game) and five touchdowns.
- On the ground, Treshaun Ward scored seven touchdowns and accumulated 628 yards (62.8 per game).
- Jammie Robinson had one interception to go with 89 tackles, three TFL, one sack, and three passes defended last year.
- On defense in 2022, Tatum Bethune had 73 tackles, seven TFL, and two sacks in 12 games played.
- Jared Verse put up eight sacks to go with 12 TFL and 44 tackles a season ago.
- Kalen Deloach registered 56 tackles, three TFL, and one sack through 12 games played in 2022.
- Last year Zay Flowers reeled in 78 balls on zero targets for 1,077 yards and 12 touchdowns.
- Phil Jurkovec hit the gridiron for eight games last year, and totaled 1,707 passing yards, 11 touchdowns, eight interceptions and a 59.5% completion percentage.
- Patrick Garwo III ran for 403 yards (33.6 yards per game) and three TDs.
- Garwo III collected 241 yards and zero touchdowns on 29 receptions in the receiving game.
- Emmett Morehead totaled 1,254 passing yards, 10 touchdowns, six interceptions and a 59.9% completion percentage in 10 games last year.
- Vinny DePalma helped carry the defense with 92 tackles, five TFL, and one sack in 11 games.
- With two interceptions to go with 71 tackles, three TFL, two sacks, and two passes defended in 12 games, Kameron Arnold was an important contributor on defense last year.
- Jaiden Woodbey played in 11 games and delivered 78 tackles, two TFL, and two passes defended.
- With six sacks to go along with 11 TFL and 51 tackles, Donovan Ezeiruaku made a big impact on D.
Florida State vs. Boston College Predictions and Pick
Florida State vs. Boston College betting card
- Pick ATS:
Boston College (+24.5)
- Pick OU: Over (46)
How to Bet on Florida State vs. Boston College
You can bet on Florida State vs. Boston College at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Florida State vs. Boston College picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our pick to win this game is Florida State, and we expect that Boston College will cover the spread (Florida State -24.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 46 points.