It’ll be the No. 21 Duke Blue Devils (2-0) versus the Northwestern Wildcats (1-1) in college football play at Wallace Wade Stadium in Durham, California.
Duke vs. Northwestern Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 17 points, with sportsbooks listing Duke as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Duke has -1057 odds to pick up the win, while Northwestern is listed at +628 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 48 points.
How to Watch Duke vs. Northwestern Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ACCN
- Location: Durham, California
- Stadium: Wallace Wade Stadium
Last year, Duke racked up 4.5 more points per game (32.8) than Northwestern surrendered (28.3). Duke was 6-2 against the spread and 7-1 overall last season when the team notched more than 28.3 points. Last year Northwestern had a 5-4 record against the spread and a 1-8 record overall in games when it held opponents to fewer than 32.8 points. Duke racked up only 8.6 more yards per game (383.4) than Northwestern gave up per contest (374.8) last year.
Northwestern put up 8.3 fewer points per game (13.8) than Duke allowed (22.1) last year. When Northwestern scored more than 22.1 points last season, it was 2-2 against the spread and 1-3 overall. Duke had a 2-0 record against the spread and a 2-0 record overall in games when it surrendered less than 13.8 points last year. Northwestern averaged 22.8 fewer yards per game (335.4) than Duke gave up (358.2) per matchup last season.
Duke vs. Northwestern Betting Analysis
Duke Betting Insights
Duke has covered the spread once over two games with a set spread. Duke is winless against the spread when it is 17-point or greater favorites (0-1). The Blue Devils are the moneyline favorite in their first game this season. The Blue Devils have yet to play as a moneyline favorite of -1057 or shorter.
Northwestern Betting Insights
Northwestern has covered the spread one time in two games with a set spread. Northwestern games have gone over the total once this season. The Wildcats lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season. The Wildcats have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +628 moneyline set for this game.
Duke vs. Northwestern Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||57.0||58.4||55.3|
|Implied Total AVG||33.2||34.1||32.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-1||4-0||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-3||1-1||2-2|
|Point Total AVG||48.0||50.6||45.0|
|Implied Total AVG||32.4||33.3||31.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-3||0-3||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-8||0-3||0-5|
Last Season’s Leaders
- Riley Leonard threw for 2,812 yards (216.3 per game), completing 63.1% of his throws, with 18 touchdowns and five interceptions in 13 games last year.
- Also, Leonard ran for 632 yards and 11 TDs.
- In 13 games, Jalon Calhoun had 62 catches for 873 yards (67.2 per game) and four touchdowns.
- On the ground, Jordan Waters scored eight touchdowns a season ago and accumulated 515 yards (39.6 per game).
- In 13 games, Jordan Moore passed for 0 yards (0.0 per game), with zero touchdowns and zero interceptions, and a completion percentage of %.
- Shaka Heyward had two interceptions to go with 92 tackles, five TFL, two sacks, and eight passes defended last year.
- On defense in 2022, Darius Joiner had 90 tackles, five TFL, four sacks, and two interceptions in 12 games played.
- Brandon Johnson delivered two interceptions to go with 50 tackles, five TFL, four sacks, and seven passes defended in 12 games a season ago.
- Jaylen Stinson delivered 68 tackles and two interceptions in 13 games.
- Evan Hull got things done in the running game last season, rushing for 913 yards and five touchdowns in 12 games.
- Hull was a contributor in the passing attack too, catching 55 balls on zero targets for 546 yards and two touchdowns.
- Ryan Hilinski played eight games last year, and racked up 1,619 passing yards, six touchdowns, seven interceptions and a 55.5% completion percentage.
- In 12 games last season, Malik Washington converted zero targets into 65 receptions, 694 yards and one touchdown.
- To go along with 589 passing yards (117.8 yards per game), Brendan Sullivan aired it out for four touchdowns, three interceptions, and a completion percentage of 74.0%.
- Brendan Sullivan ran for 97 yards (19.4 yards per game) and one TD.
- With seven sacks to go with seven TFL, 79 tackles, and two interceptions in 12 games, Xander Mueller was an important player on defense.
- Bryce Gallagher played in 10 games, collecting one interception to go along with 88 tackles, three TFL, and one sack.
- Jeremiah Lewis was on the field for 11 games and recorded 71 tackles, one TFL, and four passes defended.
- With three TFL, 66 tackles, and one interception, Roderick Heard made a big impact on D.
Duke vs. Northwestern Predictions and Pick
Duke vs. Northwestern betting card
- Pick ATS:
- Pick OU: Under (48)
How to Bet on Duke vs. Northwestern
You can bet on Duke vs. Northwestern at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Duke vs. Northwestern picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our pick to win this matchup is Duke, and we project that Northwestern will cover the spread (Duke -17). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 48 points.