ACC foes will clash when the Duke Blue Devils (4-1) meet the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (2-3).
Duke vs. Georgia Tech Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3.5 points, with oddsmakers listing Duke as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Duke has -168 odds to pick up the win, while Georgia Tech is listed at +135 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 53.5 points.
How to Watch Duke vs. Georgia Tech Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, October 8, 2022
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: RSN
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Bobby Dodd Stadium at Historic Grant Field
Duke is putting up 444.2 yards per game on offense, which ranks 40th in the FBS. On defense, the Blue Devils rank 71st, giving up 373.4 yards per contest. Duke ranks 37th in scoring offense (35.0 points per game) and 28th in scoring defense (19.0 points allowed per game) this year. From an offensive standpoint, Duke ranks 70th in the FBS with 243.8 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defense ranks 86th in passing yards allowed per contest (242.4). On offense, Duke ranks 27th in the FBS with 200.4 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defensive unit ranks 56th in rushing yards allowed per contest (131.0). Duke has the 61st-ranked third-down offense this season (41.1% third-down conversion rate), but has been less effective defensively, ranking 14th-worst with a 46.4% third-down percentage allowed. Duke has forced 10 total turnovers (20th in the FBS) this season and have turned it over two times (fifth in the FBS) for a turnover margin of +8, the sixth-best in college football.
Georgia Tech ranks 18th-worst in total yards per game (316.0), but it has been more effective on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 102nd in the FBS with 413.4 total yards ceded per contest. Georgia Tech ranks ninth-worst in points per game (16.2), but it has been more effective on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 94th in the FBS with 29.6 points allowed per contest. Georgia Tech’s passing offense has been bottom-25 this season, registering 168.2 passing yards per game, which ranks 16th-worst in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 64th with 223.0 passing yards allowed per contest. Georgia Tech’s defense has been bottom-25 in run defense this season, surrendering 190.4 rushing yards per game, which ranks 22nd-worst in the FBS. On the offensive side of the ball, it ranks 76th with 147.8 rushing yards per contest. Georgia Tech’s offense has been sputtering on third down, ranking ninth-worst in the FBS with a 29.3% third-down conversion rate. It has been more productive defensively, surrendering a 37.0% third-down rate (64th-ranked). Georgia Tech has excelled in terms of turnovers, as its turnover margin of +7 ranks ninth-best in the FBS, with 11 forced turnovers (18th in the nation) and four turnovers committed (15th in the nation).
Duke vs. Georgia Tech Betting Analysis
Duke Betting Insights
Duke has compiled a 3-2-0 record against the spread this season. Duke has 1-1 ATS when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites. Duke games have gone over the total twice this season. The Blue Devils have been listed as the moneyline favorite only two other times so far this season, and they won both of the games. The Blue Devils have played as a moneyline favorite of -168 or shorter in just one game this season, which they won.
Yellow Jackets Betting Insights
Georgia Tech has covered the spread two times this season (2-3-0). In games they have played as 3.5-point or bigger underdogs, Georgia Tech owns an ATS record of 2-2. This year, not one Georgia Tech’s games have hit the over. The Yellow Jackets have been underdogs in four games this season and won one (25%) of those contests. This season, the Yellow Jackets have won one of their four games when they’re the underdog by at least +135 on the moneyline.
Duke vs. Georgia Tech Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||56.4||53.3||61.0|
|Implied Total AVG||34.4||34.0||35.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-0||2-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||0-0||1-1|
|Point Total AVG||56.7||60.0||51.8|
|Implied Total AVG||39.2||41.0||36.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-0||1-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-3||0-2||1-1|
Players to Watch
- The Blue Devils’ defensive unit has been aided by Brandon Johnson, who has played five games and delivered seven tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception.
- The Blue Devils’ defense has been helped by Ja’Mion Franklin, who has played five games and delivered 2.5 sacks to go with 2.0 TFL and four tackles.
- The Blue Devils’ defensive unit has been helped by the contributions of Jaylen Stinson, who has played five games and delivered 10 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one sack.
- The Blue Devils’ defensive unit has been aided by the play of DeWayne Carter, who has suited up for five games, registering 1.5 sacks to go with 2.0 TFL and four tackles.
- As a key defensive contributor, the Yellow Jackets’ Ayinde Eley has recorded 31 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and three sacks in five games.
- The Yellow Jackets’ Charlie Thomas has recorded 1.0 sack to go with 2.0 TFL, 31 tackles, and two interceptions in five games.
- The Yellow Jackets’ Keion White has posted 15 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and three sacks in five games.
- With one interception to go with 20 tackles and one pass defended in five games, Jaylon King has been making a big difference on defense for the Yellow Jackets.
Duke vs. Georgia Tech Predictions and Pick
Duke vs. Georgia Tech betting card
- Pick ATS:
Blue Devils (-3.5)
How to Bet on Duke vs. Georgia Tech
You can bet on Duke vs. Georgia Tech at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Duke vs. Georgia Tech picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.
Our prediction to win this contest is Duke, and we project that Duke will cover the spread (Duke -3.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 53.5 points.