Sun Belt opponents will clash when the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (3-0) meet the Georgia State Panthers (0-3).
Coastal Carolina vs. Georgia State Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with bookmakers listing Coastal Carolina as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Coastal Carolina has -137 odds to pick up the win, while Georgia State is listed at +112 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 63 points.
How to Watch Coastal Carolina vs. Georgia State Live?
- Game Day: Thursday, September 22, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN2
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Center Parc Stadium
- From an offensive standpoint, Coastal Carolina ranks 59th in the FBS with 431.7 yards per game. Meanwhile, its defense ranks 88th in total defense (392.0 yards allowed per contest).
- Coastal Carolina is putting up 35.7 points per game on offense, which ranks them 54th in the FBS. On the other side of the ball, the defense ranks 79th, allowing 27.0 points per game.
- The Chanticleers sport the 56th-ranked passing offense this season (255.0 passing yards per game), and they’ve been less effective on defense, ranking 11th-worst with 289.3 passing yards allowed per game.
- Coastal Carolina is compiling 176.7 rushing yards per game on offense (58th in the FBS), and ranks 39th defensively with 102.7 rushing yards allowed per game.
- The Chanticleers are putting up a 40.6% third-down percentage on offense (62nd in the FBS), and they rank 80th on the other side of the ball with a 39.0% third-down percentage allowed.
- With 10 forced turnovers (fourth in the FBS) against six turnovers committed (97th in the FBS), Coastal Carolina’s +4 turnover margin is the 16th-best in college football.
- In terms of total yards, Georgia State ranks 52nd in the FBS (444.7 total yards per game) and 106th on defense (424.7 total yards allowed per contest).
- The Panthers’ defense has been bottom-25 in scoring defense this season, conceding 37.3 points per game, which ranks 14th-worst in the FBS. Offensively, they rank 87th with 27.7 points per contest.
- Georgia State ranks 97th in passing yards per game (213.3), but it has been less productive defensively, ranking seventh-worst in the FBS with 304.0 passing yards allowed per contest.
- The Panthers’ run defense ranks 53rd in the FBS with 120.7 rushing yards given up per game, but they’ve been bolstered by their offense, which ranks 17th-best by putting up 231.3 rushing yards per contest.
- Georgia State is putting up a 39.6% third-down conversion percentage on offense this season (68th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is allowing a 35.1% third-down rate (60th-ranked) on defense.
- Georgia State has produced six forced turnovers this season and have turned it over three times, resulting in a +3 turnover margin, which ranks 22nd-best in the FBS.
Coastal Carolina vs. Georgia State Betting Analysis
Coastal Carolina Betting Insights
- Coastal Carolina has covered the spread in a matchup one time this season (1-2-0).
- Coastal Carolina is winless against the spread when it is 2.5-point or greater favorites (0-2).
- The Chanticleers have been listed as the moneyline favorite only two other times so far this season, and they won both of the games.
- The Chanticleers have played as a moneyline favorite of -137 or shorter in only one game this season, which they won.
- This season, Coastal Carolina games have hit the over twice.
Panthers Betting Insights
- Georgia State is winless against the spread this season (0-2-1).
- Georgia State has not covered a spread (0-1-1) when it’s at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- The Panthers have lost both games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- The Panthers have been at least a +112 moneyline underdog two times this season, but lost all of those games.
- Games involving Georgia State has hit the over once this year.
Coastal Carolina vs. Georgia State Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||59.7||59.7|
|Implied Total AVG||37.7||37.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-0||2-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||60.7||63.5||55.0|
|Implied Total AVG||37.3||39.0||34.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-1||0-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-2||0-1||0-1|
Players to Watch
- The Chanticleers’ defensive unit has been aided by the contributions of Braylon Ryan, who has played three games and posted 2.0 TFL and two sacks.
- Lance Boykin has played three games, registering two interceptions to go along with one sack and two passes defended for the Chanticleers.
- As part of the Chanticleers’ defensive unit, Josaiah Stewart has amassed six tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks in three games.
- The Chanticleers’ defensive unit has been helped by the contributions of Jarrod Clark, who has played three games, posting 1.5 sacks to go with 1.0 TFL and five tackles.
- As a key defensive contributor, the Panthers’ Quavian White has delivered seven tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and three interceptions in three games.
- Jontrey Hunter has totaled 13 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one sack in three games for the Panthers.
- Blake Carroll has been causing chaos on defense, recording 1.5 sacks to go with 2.0 TFL and 10 tackles for the Panthers.
- The Panthers’ Jordan Veneziale has registered 18 tackles and 0.5 sacks in three games.
Coastal Carolina vs. Georgia State Predictions and Pick
Coastal Carolina vs. Georgia State betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Coastal Carolina vs. Georgia State
You can bet on Coastal Carolina vs. Georgia State at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Coastal Carolina vs. Georgia State picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.
Our pick to win this contest is Coastal Carolina, and we project that Coastal Carolina will cover the spread (Coastal Carolina -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 63 points.