It’ll be the Central Michigan Chippewas (0-1) against the South Alabama Jaguars (1-0) in college football play at Kelly/Shorts Stadium in Mount Pleasant, Michigan.
Central Michigan vs. South Alabama Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 6 points, with bookmakers listing Central Michigan as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Central Michigan has -222 odds to pick up the win, while South Alabama is listed at +180 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 58.5 points.
Get a No Sweat First Bet up to $1,000
How to Watch Central Michigan vs. South Alabama Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Mount Pleasant, Michigan
- Stadium: Kelly/Shorts Stadium
- Central Michigan put up 32.3 points per game last season, 5.9 more than South Alabama allowed per matchup (26.4).
- The Chippewas were 5-3 against the spread and 7-1 overall in games when they recorded more than 26.4 points last season.
- Central Michigan racked up 87.9 more yards per game (443.0) than South Alabama gave up per contest (355.1) last season.
- The Chippewas were 6-4 against the spread and 7-3 overall when the team amassed over 355.1 yards last season.
- Last season Central Michigan rushed for 34.4 more yards per game (181.0) than South Alabama allowed per contest (146.6).
- Last season the Chippewas had a 6-3 ATS record and a 7-2 overall record in games the team rushed for more than 146.6 yards.
- South Alabama scored 24.9 points per game last season, comparable to the 25.8 Central Michigan surrendered.
- The Jaguars were 3-3 against the spread and 4-2 overall last year when the team put up more than 25.8 points.
- South Alabama collected just 11.8 fewer yards per game (369.5) than Central Michigan allowed (381.3) per outing last season.
- The Jaguars were 3-2 against the spread and 3-2 overall when the team amassed more than 381.3 yards last season.
- Last season South Alabama rushed for 10.3 fewer yards per game (113.3) than Central Michigan allowed per contest (123.6).
- When the Jaguars ran for over 123.6 yards last year they had a 3-3 ATS record and a 3-3 overall record.
Central Michigan vs. South Alabama Betting Analysis
Central Michigan Betting Insights
- Central Michigan was 8-5-0 against the spread last year.
- Central Michigan won twice ATS (2-2) as at least a 6-point favorites.
- The Chippewas were the moneyline favorite seven total times last season. They went 5-2 in those games.
- The Chippewas played as a moneyline favorite of -222 or shorter in only two games last season, and they won both.
- Last season, five of Central Michigan’s 13 games hit the over.
Jaguars Betting Insights
- Against the spread, South Alabama was 5-7-0 last year.
- South Alabama won twice ATS (2-2) as underdogs of 6 points or more last year.
- Last season, the Jaguars were listed as the underdog in five games and failed to win any of those contests.
- Last season, the Jaguars were at least a +180 underdog on the moneyline four times, losing each of those contests.
- There were six South Alabama games (out of 12) that went over the total last season.
Central Michigan vs. South Alabama Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||59.1||58.9||59.3|
|Implied Total AVG||34.5||35.0||34.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-2||3-1||2-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-2||2-0||1-2|
|Point Total AVG||52.9||53.8||52.0|
|Implied Total AVG||32.8||32.2||33.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-2||4-0||1-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-5||0-2||0-3|
Last Season’s Leaders
- As a key defensive contributor, Troy Hairston recorded 40 tackles, 10.0 TFL, and eight sacks in 13 games last year.
- Devonni Reed had two interceptions to go with 54 tackles, 3.0 TFL, one sack, and two passes defended.
- Gage Kreski posted 1.0 sack to go with 3.0 TFL, 58 tackles, and one interception in 13 games played a season ago.
- On defense in 2021, Troy Brown compiled 45 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception in 13 games.
- On defense Wy’Kevious Thomas, who was on the field for 12 games, delivered 28 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three sacks.
- Tre Young accumulated 32 tackles and three interceptions in 12 games.
- Chris Henderson helped on defense with 22 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and three sacks in 12 games.
- Charles Coleman III posted 4.0 sacks to go with 5.0 TFL and 21 tackles in 12 games.
Central Michigan vs. South Alabama Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is Central Michigan, and we expect that Central Michigan will cover the spread (Central Michigan -6). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 58.5 points.
Central Michigan vs. South Alabama betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Central Michigan vs. South Alabama
You can bet on Central Michigan vs. South Alabama at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Central Michigan vs. South Alabama picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.