The No. 25 BYU Cougars (0-0) and South Florida Bulls (0-0) will face each other in a matchup at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida.
BYU vs. South Florida Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 11.5 points, with oddsmakers listing BYU as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, BYU has -439 odds to pick up the win, while South Florida is listed at +330 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 58.5 points.
Bet $5, get $200 in bonus bets
How to Watch BYU vs. South Florida Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNU
- Location: Tampa, Florida
- Stadium: Raymond James Stadium
- BYU scored 33.1 points per game last year, comparable to the 34.7 per matchup South Florida gave up.
- When the Cougars scored over 34.7 points last season, they were 2-2 against the spread and 4-0 overall.
- BYU collected just 19.2 fewer yards per game (451.8) than South Florida gave up per contest (471.0) last season.
- The Cougars were 2-1 against the spread and 3-0 overall when the team amassed more than 471.0 yards last year.
- BYU rushed for 187.7 yards per game last year, 19.1 fewer than the 206.8 South Florida allowed per contest.
- When the Cougars rushed for over 206.8 yards last season, they compiled a 3-1 ATS record and a 4-0 overall record.
- South Florida averaged just 1.6 fewer points per game (23.2) than BYU surrendered (24.8) last season.
- The Bulls were 5-1 against the spread and 2-4 overall in games when they put up more than 24.8 points last season.
- South Florida collected 350.0 yards per game last season, 38.8 fewer yards than the 388.8 BYU gave up per contest.
- The Bulls were 2-2 against the spread and 2-2 overall when the team piled up over 388.8 yards last season.
- Last season South Florida racked up 157.6 yards per game on the ground, just 0.7 more yards than BYU allowed per contest (156.9).
- When the Bulls ran for more than 156.9 yards last year they compiled a 2-2 ATS record and a 2-2 overall record.
BYU vs. South Florida Betting Analysis
BYU Betting Insights
- BYU was 5-8-0 against the spread last year.
- BYU had one win ATS (1-3) as an 11.5-point favorite or greater last year.
- The Cougars were favored on the moneyline nine total times last season. They went 7-2 in those games.
- The Cougars won all three games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -439 or shorter.
- There were six BYU games (out of 13) that went over the total last year.
Bulls Betting Insights
- South Florida posted a 7-5-0 record against the spread last season.
- South Florida’s ATS record as an underdog of 11.5 points or more was 5-2 last season.
- Last season, the Bulls were listed as the underdog in 10 games and failed to win any of those contests.
- Last season, the Bulls were at least a +330 underdog on the moneyline seven times, losing each of those contests.
- There were six South Florida games (out of 12) that went over the total last season.
BYU vs. South Florida Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||56.8||55.4||58.4|
|Implied Total AVG||34.3||34.1||34.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||7-2||2-2||5-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-1||2-0||0-1|
|Point Total AVG||57.4||55.2||59.6|
|Implied Total AVG||36.8||35.7||38.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-0||2-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-10||0-4||0-6|
Last Season’s Leaders
- Ben Bywater posted 98 tackles, 8.0 TFL, and one sack in 13 games last year.
- On defense in 2021, Max Tooley had 61 tackles, 4.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception in 13 games played.
- Payton Wilgar had 1.5 sacks to go with 3.0 TFL, 50 tackles, and two interceptions in 13 games a season ago.
- In 2021, Tyler Batty had 39 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 3.5 sacks.
- With 3.0 sacks to go with 7.0 TFL, 92 tackles, and two interceptions in 12 games, Antonio Grier was an important contributor on defense.
- With two interceptions to go with 58 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and two passes defended in 12 games, Dwayne Boyles was a significant contributor on defense last year.
- In 12 games, Mekhi LaPointe totaled 55 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and two interceptions.
- With 3.0 TFL and 61 tackles, Vincent Davis made a big difference on D.
BYU vs. South Florida Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this matchup is BYU, and we project that BYU will cover the spread (BYU -11.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 58.5 points.
BYU vs. South Florida betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on BYU vs. South Florida
You can bet on BYU vs. South Florida at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s BYU vs. South Florida picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.