The Buffalo Bulls (5-6) face a MAC matchup against the Akron Zips (2-9).
Buffalo vs. Akron Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 11.5 points, with sportsbooks listing Buffalo as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Buffalo has -447 odds to pick up the win, while Akron is listed at +337 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 55 points.
How to Watch Buffalo vs. Akron Live?
- Game Day: Friday, December 2, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Buffalo, New York
- Stadium: UB Stadium
From an offensive standpoint, Buffalo ranks 74th in the FBS with 384.2 yards per game. Meanwhile, its defense ranks 87th in total defense (399.0 yards allowed per contest). Buffalo is putting up 29.5 points per game on offense (59th in the FBS), and ranks 79th on the other side of the ball with 27.6 points allowed per game. From an offensive standpoint, Buffalo ranks 64th in the FBS with 230.0 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defense ranks 53rd in passing yards allowed per contest (212.7). From an offensive standpoint, Buffalo ranks 66th in the FBS with 154.2 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defensive unit ranks 106th in rushing yards allowed per contest (186.3). Buffalo ranks 69th in third-down conversion rate this year (39.0%), but has been shining on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 24th-best in the FBS with a 33.1% third-down conversion rate allowed. With 21 forced turnovers (22nd in the FBS) against 15 turnovers committed (46th in the FBS), Buffalo (+6) has the 27th-ranked turnover margin in college football.
From an offensive standpoint, Akron is putting up 377.4 total yards per game (79th-ranked). It ranks 102nd in the FBS defensively (415.1 total yards surrendered per game). Akron has struggled on both offense and defense this season, ranking 24th-worst in points (21.7 per game) and 10th-worst in points allowed (34.5 per game). Akron’s pass defense ranks 90th in the FBS with 240.4 passing yards given up per contest, but it has been carried by its offense, which ranks 19th-best by accumulating 284.5 passing yards per contest. Akron’s rushing offense has been a bottom-25 unit this season, generating 92.9 rushing yards per game, which ranks eighth-worst in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 98th with 174.7 rushing yards surrendered per contest. Akron is posting a 34.8% third-down conversion percentage on offense this season (106th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is allowing a 36.5% third-down rate (46th-ranked) on defense. Akron has a -12 turnover margin this season, which ranks 100th in the FBS.
Buffalo vs. Akron Betting Analysis
Buffalo Betting Insights
Buffalo has covered the spread in a game seven times this season (7-4-0). Buffalo is a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 11.5-point favorites. Games involving Buffalo have hit the over seven times this season. The Bulls have been favored on the moneyline six total times this season. They’ve finished 3-3 in those games. The Bulls have played as a moneyline favorite of -447 or shorter in only one game this season, which they won.
Zips Betting Insights
Akron has covered the spread five times this year (5-5-1). Akron is 3-2 ATS when playing as at least 11.5-point underdogs. Games involving Akron have hit the over on five occasions this year. This season, the Zips have won one out of the nine games in which they’ve been the underdog. The Zips have been at least a +337 moneyline underdog five times this season, but lost all of those games.
Buffalo vs. Akron Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||55.4||52.3||57.2|
|Implied Total AVG||31.8||28.8||33.6|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-3||1-2||2-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-3||1-0||1-3|
|Point Total AVG||57.0||54.5||59.1|
|Implied Total AVG||37.8||33.0||41.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-0||1-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-8||0-4||1-4|
Players to Watch
- With 2.0 sacks to go with 6.0 TFL and 68 tackles in 11 games, Shaun Dolac has been a big part of the Bulls’ defensive unit in 2022.
- The Bulls’ defense has been helped by James Patterson, who has suited up for 11 games and collected 1.5 sacks to go with 4.0 TFL, 48 tackles, and one interception.
- Keyshawn Cobb has helped spur the Bulls’ defense with one interception to go along with 29 tackles, 2.0 TFL, two sacks, and one pass defended in 11 games.
- Marcus Fuqua has been a significant part of the Bulls’ defensive unit in 2022, with five interceptions to go with 28 tackles and six passes defended in 11 games.
- As a playmaker on defense, the Zips’ Bubba Arslanian has collected 83 tackles, 6.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception in 11 games.
- On defense, Victor Jones has helped keep opposing offenses in check with 41 tackles, 9.0 TFL, and 4.5 sacks in 11 games.
- Nate Thompson has been providing a big boost on defense, collecting 49 tackles for the Zips.
- Darrian Lewis has collected one interception to go with 35 tackles, 3.0 TFL, one sack, and one pass defended In 11 games for the Zips.
Buffalo vs. Akron Predictions and Pick
Buffalo vs. Akron betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Buffalo vs. Akron
You can bet on Buffalo vs. Akron at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Buffalo vs. Akron picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our prediction to win this game is Buffalo, and we predict that Buffalo will cover the spread (Buffalo -11.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 55 points.