MAC foes will do battle when the Ball State Cardinals (3-7) meet the Kent State Golden Flashes (1-9) at Scheumann Stadium in Muncie, Indiana.
Ball State vs. Kent State Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 11 points, with oddsmakers listing Ball State as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Ball State has -449 odds to pick up the win, while Kent State is listed at +338 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 42 points.
How to Watch Ball State vs. Kent State Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, November 18, 2023
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Muncie, Indiana
- Stadium: Scheumann Stadium
Ball State has been a bottom-25 offense this season, ranking sixth-worst with 294.7 yards per contest. The defense is ranked 43rd in the FBS (349.3 yards allowed per game). Ball State has been a bottom-25 scoring offense this year, ranking fifth-worst with 17.0 points per contest. The defensive unit ranks 77th in the FBS (27.3 points allowed per game). Ball State ranks seventh-worst in passing offense (146.1 passing yards per game), but thas played a little better on defense, ranking 56th with 221.3 passing yards allowed per game. Ball State is compiling 148.6 rushing yards per game on offense (81st in the FBS), and ranks 37th on the other side of the ball with 128.0 rushing yards allowed per game. Ball State is averaging a 38.6% third-down percentage on offense this season (73rd in the FBS), and is giving up a 38.8% third-down percentage (69th) on defense. With five forced turnovers (127th in the FBS) against 10 turnovers committed (45th in the FBS), Ball State’s -5 turnover margin is the 23rd-worst in college football.
Kent State’s offense has been a bottom-25 unit in total offense this season, compiling 278.4 total yards per game, which ranks fourth-worst in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 83rd with 389.7 total yards surrendered per contest. This season has been rough for Kent State on both sides of the ball, as it is putting up only 14.6 points per contest (worst) and ceding 34.4 points per game (14th-worst). Kent State’s passing game has been sputtering, ranking 15th-worst in the FBS with 165.3 passing yards per game. It has been better on the defensive side of the ball, allowing 230.3 passing yards per contest (73rd-ranked). Kent State’s running game has been sputtering, ranking 21st-worst in the FBS with 113.1 rushing yards per game. It has been better on the defensive side of the ball, giving up 159.4 rushing yards per contest (87th-ranked). Kent State has struggled on both offense and defense on third down this season, ranking sixth-worst in third-down conversion percentage (29.7%) and fourth-worst in third-down percentage allowed (48.5%). With seven forced turnovers (115th in the FBS) and six turnovers committed (10th in the FBS) this season, Kent State ranks 56th in the FBS with a turnover margin of +1.
Ball State vs. Kent State Betting Analysis
Ball State Betting Insights
Ball State is 5-4-1 against the spread this season. In games they have played as 11-point favorites or more, Ball State has a perfect ATS record of 1-0. This season, Ball State games have hit the over four times. The Cardinals have not played as the moneyline favorite so far this season. The Cardinals have yet to play as a moneyline favorite of -449 or shorter.
Kent State Betting Insights
Kent State has covered the spread one time this year (1-7-1). Kent State has an ATS record of 1-4 when playing as at least 11-point underdogs. Games involving Kent State have hit the over on six occasions this season. The Golden Flashes have been the underdog in seven games this season, and they have failed to win any of those contests. This season, the Golden Flashes have been at least a +338 underdog on the moneyline five times, losing each of those contests.
Ball State vs. Kent State Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||47.4||49.0||46.3|
|Implied Total AVG||31.1||31.8||30.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-6||1-2||1-4|
|Point Total AVG||46.4||44.7||47.3|
|Implied Total AVG||32.6||27.3||35.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-7||0-3||0-4|
Players to Watch
- In 10 games for the Cardinals, Marquez Cooper has scampered for 767 rushing yards and three touchdowns while averaging 4.5 yards per carry.
- In the receiving game, Cooper has contributed 151 receiving yards and zero touchdowns on 17 catches.
- In 10 games, Kiael Kelly has thrown for 415 yards (41.5 yards per game) to go along with one touchdown, one interception, and a completion percentage of 52.7%.
- As a runner, Kelly has scampered for 499 yards (5.1 YPC) and five touchdowns.
- In nine games, Tanner Koziol has converted zero targets into 32 catches, 269 yards and three touchdowns for the Cardinals.
- Qian Magwood has been targeted zero times for 37 receptions, 335 yards and one touchdown in nine games.
- As part of the Cardinals’ defensive unit, Cole Pearce has registered 64 tackles, one TFL, and three sacks in 10 games.
- As part of the Cardinals’ defensive unit, Keiont Newson has amassed one sack to go with 66 tackles in nine games.
- Sidney Houston Jr. has helped spur the Cardinals’ defense with 44 tackles, four TFL, and five sacks in 10 games.
- The Cardinals’ defense has been aided by the play of Jordan Riley-Scott, who has played 10 games, collecting one TFL and 53 tackles.
- In nine games, Chrishon McCray has 41 receptions for 610 yards (67.8 per game) and four touchdowns.
- In eight games, Tommy Ulatowski has passed for 721 yards (90.1 per game), with seven touchdowns and two interceptions, and a completion percentage of 51.4%.
- In addition, Ulatowski has run for 100 yards and one TD.
- On the ground, Gavin Garcia has scored two touchdowns and picked up 431 yards (43.1 per game).
- In eight games, Jaylen Thomas has rushed for 414 yards (51.8 per game) and two TDs.
- Bryce Sheppert has collected one interception to go with 50 tackles and three passes defended in 10 games for the Golden Flashes.
- On defense, Devin Nicholson has helped lead the way with 53 tackles and two TFL in eight games.
- The Golden Flashes’ Nick Giacolone has totaled one interception to go with 44 tackles, three TFL, and two passes defended in 10 games.
- D.J. Miller has posted 36 tackles and one interception in nine games for the Golden Flashes.
Ball State vs. Kent State Predictions and Pick
Ball State vs. Kent State betting card
- Pick ATS:
Ball State (-11)
- Pick OU: Over (42)
How to Bet on Ball State vs. Kent State
You can bet on Ball State vs. Kent State at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Ball State vs. Kent State picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our pick to win this game is Ball State, and we project that Ball State will cover the spread (Ball State -11). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 42 points.