The Auburn Tigers (1-0) will battle the San Jose State Spartans (1-0) at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Alabama.
Auburn vs. San Jose State Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 24 points, with bookmakers listing Auburn as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Auburn has -4148 odds to pick up the win, while San Jose State is listed at +1320 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 49 points.
10x your first bet. Up to $200 in bonus bets.
How to Watch Auburn vs. San Jose State Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNU
- Location: Auburn, Alabama
- Stadium: Jordan-Hare Stadium
- Last year, Auburn averaged just 1.8 more points per game (28.3) than San Jose State allowed (26.5).
- The Tigers were 4-2 against the spread and 5-1 overall in games when they scored over 26.5 points last season.
- Auburn collected 30.0 more yards per game (401.3) than San Jose State gave up per contest (371.3) last season.
- The Tigers were 5-3 against the spread and 6-2 overall when the team churned out over 371.3 yards last year.
- Last year Auburn ran for 26.0 more yards per game (161.2) than San Jose State allowed per contest (135.2).
- The Tigers had a 4-3 ATS record and a 5-2 overall record when the team ran for over 135.2 yards last season.
San Jose State
- San Jose State put up just 1.8 fewer points per game (20.0) than Auburn surrendered (21.8) last year.
- When the Spartans recorded over 21.8 points last year, they were 4-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
- San Jose State averaged 32.5 fewer yards per game (340.3) than Auburn gave up (372.8) per matchup last year.
- When the Spartans amassed more than 372.8 yards last season, the team was 4-2 against the spread and 4-2 overall.
- Last season San Jose State ran for just 6.4 fewer yards (120.6) than Auburn allowed per contest (127.0).
- Last season the Spartans had a 4-1 ATS record and a 4-1 overall record in games the team rushed for over 127.0 yards.
Auburn vs. San Jose State Betting Analysis
Auburn Betting Insights
- Auburn’s record against the spread last season was 6-7-0.
- Auburn had two wins ATS (2-1) as 24-point or greater favorites last year.
- The Tigers finished 2-2 in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 50% of those games).
- The Tigers played as a moneyline favorite of -4148 or shorter in just one game last season, which they won.
- In 13 Auburn games last year, five hit the over.
Spartans Betting Insights
- San Jose State posted a 5-7-0 record against the spread last year.
- Last season, the Spartans were listed as the underdog in six games and failed to win any of those contests.
- The Spartans were not a bigger underdog last season than the +1320 moneyline set for this game.
- Out of 12 San Jose State games last year, six went over the total.
Auburn vs. San Jose State Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||54.0||55.4||51.8|
|Implied Total AVG||34.1||37.6||28.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-2||2-1||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-5||0-3||2-2|
|Point Total AVG||52.3||50.0||54.6|
|Implied Total AVG||31.4||31.7||31.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-1||3-1||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-6||0-2||0-4|
Last Season’s Leaders
- On defense last year, Derick Hall helped lead the charge with 47 tackles, 8.0 TFL, and nine sacks in 13 games.
- In 13 games in 2021, Zakoby McClain registered 91 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and two sacks.
- Chandler Wooten totaled one interception to go with 85 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one pass defended in 13 games a season ago.
- In 2021, Colby Wooden had 58 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and 4.5 sacks.
- Kyle Harmon hit the gridiron for 12 games, totaling 1.0 sack to go with 3.0 TFL and 95 tackles.
- On defense, Jay Lenard totaled 2.0 sacks to go with 5.0 TFL, 54 tackles, and one interception.
- In 12 games, Viliami Fehoko compiled 27 tackles, 8.0 TFL, and seven sacks.
- The contributions of Cade Hall, who was on the field for 12 games, included 4.0 sacks to go with 4.0 TFL and 28 tackles.
Auburn vs. San Jose State Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this contest is Auburn, and we project that San Jose State will cover the spread (Auburn -24). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 49 points.
Auburn vs. San Jose State betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Auburn vs. San Jose State
You can bet on Auburn vs. San Jose State at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Auburn vs. San Jose State picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.