The Appalachian State Mountaineers (1-1) have a Sun Belt matchup with the Troy Trojans (1-1).
Appalachian State vs. Troy Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 13.5 points, with sportsbooks listing Appalachian State as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Appalachian State has -536 odds to pick up the win, while Troy is listed at +392 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 52 points.
Get a No Sweat First Bet up to $1,000
How to Watch Appalachian State vs. Troy Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Boone, North Carolina
- Stadium: Kidd Brewer Stadium
- Last year, Appalachian State averaged 8.4 more points per game (34.5) than Troy surrendered (26.1).
- The Mountaineers were 7-3 against the spread and 10-0 overall in games when they recorded over 26.1 points last year.
- Appalachian State averaged 104.0 more yards per game (441.3) than Troy gave up per outing (337.3) last year.
- The Mountaineers were 6-2 against the spread and 8-0 overall when the team amassed over 337.3 yards last year.
- Last year Appalachian State averaged 192.1 yards per game on the ground, 49.7 more than Troy allowed per contest (142.4).
- The Mountaineers had a 6-2 ATS record and an 8-0 overall record when the team ran for over 142.4 yards last year.
- Troy put up 22.8 points per game last season, comparable to the 22.1 Appalachian State allowed.
- When the Trojans put up more than 22.1 points last year, they were 2-2 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
- Troy racked up just 9.9 fewer yards per game (338.0) than Appalachian State gave up per contest (347.9) last year.
- When the Trojans piled up over 347.9 yards last year, the team was 1-4 against the spread and 3-3 overall.
- Last year Troy racked up 99.3 yards per game on the ground, 26.6 fewer than Appalachian State allowed per contest (125.9).
- When the Trojans ran for more than 125.9 yards last season they compiled a 1-3 ATS record and a 3-2 overall record.
Appalachian State vs. Troy Betting Analysis
Appalachian State Betting Insights
- Appalachian State was 8-6-0 against the spread last season.
- Appalachian State had an ATS record of 3-2 as favorites of 13.5 points or greater last year.
- The Mountaineers were favored on the moneyline 11 total times last season. They finished 8-3 in those games.
- The Mountaineers won all four games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -536 or shorter.
- In 14 Appalachian State games last season, six went over the total.
Trojans Betting Insights
- Troy’s record against the spread last year was 3-8-0.
- Troy went unbeaten ATS (1-0) as underdogs of 13.5 points or greater last year.
- Last season, the Trojans were listed as the underdog in six games and failed to win any of those contests.
- Last season, the Trojans were at least a +392 underdog on the moneyline one time, losing that contest.
- Troy had five of its 11 games go over the point total last season.
Appalachian State vs. Troy Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||56.9||57.4||56.2|
|Implied Total AVG||35.3||37.1||32.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||8-3||5-1||3-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||1-0||0-1|
|Point Total AVG||50.2||52.0||48.7|
|Implied Total AVG||29.8||29.0||30.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-1||2-0||2-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-6||0-3||0-3|
Last Season’s Leaders
- In 14 games last year, D’Marco Jackson registered 6.0 sacks to go with 14.0 TFL, 83 tackles, and one interception.
- On defense in 2021, Nick Hampton had 44 tackles, 13.0 TFL, and 11 sacks in 14 games played.
- Trey Cobb had 2.0 TFL, 58 tackles, and three interceptions in 14 games a season ago.
- On defense in 2021, T.D. Roof piled up 41 tackles, 5.0 TFL, three sacks, and two interceptions in 14 games.
- Last season Carlton Martial compiled 105 tackles, 7.0 TFL, two sacks, and one interception in 12 games.
- With one interception to go with 40 tackles, 10.0 TFL, 11 sacks, and two passes defended in 12 games, Javon Solomon was a significant contributor on defense last year.
- Richard Jibunor recorded two interceptions to go along with 35 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 7.5 sacks, and two passes defended in 12 games.
- The contributions of TJ Harris, who played in 12 games, included 3.5 sacks to go with 6.0 TFL, 40 tackles, and two interceptions.
Appalachian State vs. Troy Predictions and Pick
Appalachian State vs. Troy betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Appalachian State vs. Troy
You can bet on Appalachian State vs. Troy at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Appalachian State vs. Troy picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.
Our pick to win this matchup is Appalachian State, and we project that Appalachian State will cover the spread (Appalachian State -13.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 52 points.