Sun Belt rivals will battle when the Appalachian State Mountaineers (2-1) meet the James Madison Dukes (2-0).
Appalachian State vs. James Madison Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 7 points, with sportsbooks listing Appalachian State as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Appalachian State has -256 odds to pick up the win, while James Madison is listed at +206 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 57.5 points.
How to Watch Appalachian State vs. James Madison Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 24, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Boone, North Carolina
- Stadium: Kidd Brewer Stadium
Appalachian State averaged 19.1 more points per game (34.5) than James Madison surrendered (15.4) last year. Appalachian State was 8-3 against the spread and 10-1 overall in games when it recorded over 15.4 points last year. Appalachian State collected 441.3 yards per game last season, 161.5 more yards than the 279.8 James Madison gave up per outing. In games that Appalachian State totaled over 279.8 yards last season, the team was 8-3 against the spread and 10-1 overall.
James Madison racked up 38.3 points per game last year, 16.2 more than Appalachian State allowed (22.1). When James Madison recorded more than 22.1 points last season, it was against the spread and overall. When Appalachian State limited opponents to less than 38.3 points last year, it had an 8-3 record against the spread and a 10-1 record overall. James Madison racked up 88.1 more yards per game (436.0) than Appalachian State gave up per outing (347.9) last season. Appalachian State had an 8-4 record ATS and a 10-2 record overall when holding its opponents to fewer than 436.0 yards last season.
Appalachian State vs. James Madison Betting Analysis
Appalachian State Betting Insights
Against the spread, Appalachian State went 8-6-0 last year. As 7-point or greater favorites, Appalachian State went 6-3 against the spread last season. There were six Appalachian State games (out of 14) that hit the over last season. The Mountaineers were the moneyline favorite 11 total times last season. They went 8-3 in those games. The Mountaineers won all eight games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -256 or shorter.
Dukes Betting Insights
The Dukes were not a bigger underdog last season than the +206 moneyline set for this game.
Appalachian State vs. James Madison Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||56.9||57.4||56.2|
|Implied Total AVG||35.3||37.1||32.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||8-3||5-1||3-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||1-0||0-1|
Last Season’s Leaders
- D’Marco Jackson had one interception to go with 83 tackles, 14.0 TFL, six sacks, and one pass defended last year.
- Nick Hampton totaled 11.0 sacks to go with 13.0 TFL and 44 tackles in 14 games.
- Trey Cobb 2.0 TFL, 58 tackles, and three interceptions a season ago.
- T.D. Roof delivered two interceptions to go with 41 tackles, 5.0 TFL, three sacks, and two passes defended in 14 games played.
- With 2.5 sacks to go with 1.0 TFL, 27 tackles, and four interceptions in 14 games, Diamonte Tucker-Dorsey was a big contributor on defense.
- Bryce Carter was on the field for 14 games, posting 12 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and eight sacks.
- Isaac Ukwu played in 14 games and amassed 12 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and nine sacks.
- Mike Greene was a significant player on D last season, with 20 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and five sacks.
Appalachian State vs. James Madison Predictions and Pick
Appalachian State vs. James Madison betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Appalachian State vs. James Madison
You can bet on Appalachian State vs. James Madison at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Appalachian State vs. James Madison picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our pick to win this matchup is James Madison, and we expect that James Madison will cover the spread (Appalachian State -7). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 57.5 points.