The No. 10 Alabama Crimson Tide (1-1) and South Florida Bulls (1-1) will meet in a matchup at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida.
Alabama vs. South Florida Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 34 points, with oddsmakers listing Alabama as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Alabama has -15000 odds to pick up the win, while South Florida is listed at +2750 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 61 points.
How to Watch Alabama vs. South Florida Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ABC
- Location: Tampa, Florida
- Stadium: Raymond James Stadium
Last year, Alabama racked up 0.1 fewer points per game (41.1) than South Florida surrendered (41.2). Alabama was 4-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall in games when it scored more than 41.2 points last year. Last season South Florida had a 2-3 record against the spread and a 1-4 record overall in games when it held opponents to fewer than 41.1 points. Alabama racked up 477.2 yards per game last season, 39.4 fewer yards than the 516.6 South Florida gave up per matchup.
South Florida racked up 9.8 more points per game (28.0) than Alabama gave up (18.2) last year. South Florida was 5-6 against the spread and 1-10 overall last season when the team put up more than 18.2 points. When Alabama surrendered less than 28.0 points last season, it had a 5-4 record against the spread and a 10-0 record overall. South Florida racked up 71.5 more yards per game (389.7) than Alabama allowed per outing (318.2) last year.
Alabama vs. South Florida Betting Analysis
Alabama Betting Insights
Alabama has covered the spread in a game one time this season (1-1-0). Alabama has a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 34-point favorites. This season, Alabama games have hit the over twice. The Crimson Tide have been the moneyline favorite only two other times so far this season, and they split the two games. The Crimson Tide have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -15000 or shorter.
South Florida Betting Insights
South Florida has not covered the spread this year (0-2-0). South Florida games have yet to go over the total once this season. The Bulls lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season. The Bulls have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +2750 moneyline set for this game.
Alabama vs. South Florida Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||59.5||57.5||61.9|
|Implied Total AVG||42.3||46.4||37.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||9-2||5-0||4-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||59.7||61.8||57.7|
|Implied Total AVG||38.8||40.3||37.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-1||0-0||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-10||0-5||0-5|
Last Season’s Leaders
- In 12 games last year, Bryce Young threw for 3,328 yards (277.3 per game), with 32 touchdowns and five interceptions, and a completion percentage of 64.5%.
- Young also ran for 185 yards and four TDs.
- Jahmyr Gibbs rushed for 926 yards (77.2 per game) and seven touchdowns in 12 games.
- Also, Gibbs had 44 receptions for 444 yards and three touchdowns.
- In 13 games a season ago, Jase McClellan ran for 655 yards (50.4 per game) and seven TDs.
- In the passing game, McClellan scored three touchdowns, with 14 receptions for 174 yards.
- In the passing game, Ja’Corey Brooks scored eight TDs, hauling in 39 balls for 674 yards (56.2 per game).
- DeMarcco Hellams had one interception to go with 99 tackles, three TFL, one sack, and seven passes defended last year.
- On defense in 2022, Brian Branch had 85 tackles, eight TFL, two sacks, and two interceptions in 13 games played.
- In 12 games a season ago, Will Anderson Jr. posted 46 tackles, 14 TFL, eight sacks, and one interception.
- Henry To’Oto’O registered 86 tackles, four TFL, and one sack in 12 games played.
- In 12 games last season, Brian Battie posted 1,186 rushing yards and eight touchdowns while averaging 6.7 yards per carry.
- Xavier Weaver was a big contributor, producing 718 receiving yards and six touchdowns on 53 catches.
- Gerry Bohannon was a key part of the offense last year, racking up 1,070 passing yards with six passing touchdowns, six interceptions and a 56.9% completion percentage.
- With 386 rushing yards (6.4 YPC) and three rushing touchdowns, Bohannon provided value with his legs in addition to through the air.
- Jimmy Horn Jr. got zero targets last year and converted them into 37 grabs (3.7 per game) for 551 yards and three TDs.
- Dwayne Boyles helped spur the defense with 121 tackles, eight TFL, one sack, and one interception in 12 games.
- On defense, James Gordon IV registered six TFL and 67 tackles.
- Jason Vaughn played in 11 games and registered 34 tackles, eight TFL, five sacks, and two passes defended.
- Mekhi LaPointe was a key player on D last season, with one interception to go with 49 tackles and one pass defended.
Alabama vs. South Florida Predictions and Pick
Alabama vs. South Florida betting card
- Pick ATS:
South Florida (+34)
- Pick OU: Over (61)
How to Bet on Alabama vs. South Florida
You can bet on Alabama vs. South Florida at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Alabama vs. South Florida picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our prediction to win this game is Alabama, and we predict that South Florida will cover the spread (Alabama -34). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 61 points.