The No. 1 Alabama Crimson Tide (0-0) and Utah State Aggies (1-0) will clash in a matchup at Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
Alabama vs. Utah State Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 42 points, with sportsbooks listing Alabama as the favorites.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 63 points.
Get a No Sweat First Bet up to $1,000
How to Watch Alabama vs. Utah State Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: SEC Network
- Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Stadium: Bryant-Denny Stadium
- Last year, Alabama averaged 15.5 more points per game (39.9) than Utah State surrendered (24.4).
- The Crimson Tide were 6-4 against the spread and 9-1 overall last season when the team notched over 24.4 points.
- Alabama racked up 95.1 more yards per game (487.7) than Utah State allowed per matchup (392.6) last season.
- The Crimson Tide were 6-3 against the spread and 8-1 overall when the team churned out over 392.6 yards last year.
- Alabama rushed for 150 yards per game last year, 11.7 fewer than the 161.7 Utah State allowed per contest.
- Last season the Crimson Tide had a 5-0 ATS record and a 5-0 overall record in games the team rushed for over 161.7 yards.
- Utah State put up 12.5 more points per game (32.6) than Alabama gave up (20.1) last year.
- The Aggies were 8-1 against the spread and 9-0 overall last year when the team put up more than 20.1 points.
- Utah State racked up 446.6 yards per game last season, 143.4 more yards than the 303.2 Alabama allowed per contest.
- The Aggies were 8-4 against the spread and 9-3 overall when the team picked up over 303.2 yards last season.
- Last season Utah State rushed for 57.5 more yards per game (143.6) than Alabama allowed per contest (86.1).
- When the Aggies rushed for more than 86.1 yards last year they compiled an 8-3 ATS record and a 9-2 overall record.
Alabama vs. Utah State Betting Analysis
Alabama Betting Insights
- Alabama’s record against the spread last year was 8-7-0.
- Alabama won twice ATS (2-1) as at least a 42-point favorites.
- The Crimson Tide won 90% of the games last season when they were favored on the moneyline (9-1).
- The Crimson Tide did not play a game last season with moneyline odds of or shorter.
- There were six Alabama games (out of 15) that went over the total last year.
Aggies Betting Insights
- Against the spread, Utah State was 10-4-0 last year.
- The Aggies were underdogs in eight games last season and won six (75%) of those contests.
- The Aggies entered 14 games last season as the underdog by or more and were 7-2 in those contests.
- Out of 14 Utah State games last season, six went over the total.
Alabama vs. Utah State Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||60.4||61.7||57.9|
|Implied Total AVG||42.2||44.2||38.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||9-1||5-0||4-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||1-1||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||60.6||61.1||60.2|
|Implied Total AVG||34.8||33.7||35.6|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-1||2-1||3-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||6-2||1-2||5-0|
Last Season’s Leaders
- On defense last year, Will Anderson Jr. helped lead the way with 96 tackles, 27 TFL, 17 sacks, and two passes defended in 15 games.
- Christian Harris collected six sacks to go with eight TFL and 78 tackles in 15 games.
- In 15 games a season ago, Henry To’o To’o compiled 98 tackles, six TFL, and four sacks.
- Phidarian Mathis delivered 50 tackles, nine TFL, and nine sacks through 15 games played in 2021.
- With 1.5 sacks to go with 10 TFL, 103 tackles, and three interceptions in 14 games, Justin Rice was a big player on defense.
- Nick Heninger, who played in 14 games, compiled eight sacks to go with 10 TFL and 53 tackles.
- In 14 games, Shaq Bond registered 62 tackles, one TFL, one sack, and three interceptions.
- Hunter Reynolds recorded two sacks to go with three TFL, 67 tackles, and one interception in 14 games.
Alabama vs. Utah State Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is Alabama, and we predict that Utah State will cover the spread (Alabama -42). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 63 points.
Alabama vs. Utah State betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Alabama vs. Utah State
You can bet on Alabama vs. Utah State at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Alabama vs. Utah State picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.