The No. 1 Alabama Crimson Tide (1-0) will battle the Texas Longhorns (1-0) at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin, Texas.
Alabama vs. Texas Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 20.5 points, with sportsbooks listing Alabama as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Alabama has -1615 odds to pick up the win, while Texas is listed at +791 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 64.5 points.
Get a No Sweat First Bet up to $1,000
How to Watch Alabama vs. Texas Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Austin, Texas
- Stadium: Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium
- Alabama averaged 39.9 points per game last year, 8.8 more than Texas allowed per contest (31.1).
- The Crimson Tide were 6-3 against the spread and 8-1 overall last season when the team scored over 31.1 points.
- Alabama averaged 61.1 more yards per game (487.7) than Texas allowed per contest (426.6) last year.
- In games that the Crimson Tide totaled over 426.6 yards last season, the team was 6-2 against the spread and 7-1 overall.
- Last season Alabama racked up 150.0 rushing yards per game, 49.9 fewer than Texas allowed per outing (199.9).
- The Crimson Tide had a 4-0 ATS record and a 4-0 overall record when the team ran for over 199.9 yards last year.
- Texas scored 15.2 more points per game (35.3) than Alabama surrendered (20.1) last year.
- When the Longhorns scored over 20.1 points last year, they were 5-6 against the spread and 5-6 overall.
- Texas racked up 121.5 more yards per game (424.7) than Alabama gave up per matchup (303.2) last year.
- In games that the Longhorns totaled over 303.2 yards last year, the team was 5-5 against the spread and 5-5 overall.
- Last season Texas racked up 199.3 rushing yards per game, 113.2 more than Alabama allowed per outing (86.1).
- The Longhorns had a 5-7 ATS record and a 5-7 overall record when the team rushed for more than 86.1 yards last year.
Alabama vs. Texas Betting Analysis
Alabama Betting Insights
- Alabama’s record against the spread last season was 8-7-0.
- As 20.5-point or greater favorites last season, Alabama went 3-4.
- The Crimson Tide finished 9-1 in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 90% of those games).
- The Crimson Tide won all three games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -1615 or shorter.
- Alabama had six of its 15 games go over the point total last year.
Longhorns Betting Insights
- Texas posted a 5-7-0 record against the spread last year.
- Last season, the Longhorns were listed as the underdog in four games and failed to win any of those contests.
- The Longhorns were not a bigger underdog last season than the +791 moneyline set for this game.
- Out of 12 Texas games last season, five hit the over.
Alabama vs. Texas Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||60.4||61.7||57.9|
|Implied Total AVG||42.2||44.2||38.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||9-1||5-0||4-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||1-1||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||59.3||58.9||59.9|
|Implied Total AVG||34.0||35.3||32.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-3||4-2||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-4||0-1||0-3|
Last Season’s Leaders
- In 15 games last year, Will Anderson Jr. compiled 17.0 sacks to go with 27.0 TFL and 96 tackles.
- On defense in 2021, Christian Harris had 78 tackles, 8.0 TFL, and six sacks in 15 games played.
- Henry To’o To’o had 4.0 sacks to go with 6.0 TFL and 98 tackles in 15 games a season ago.
- Phidarian Mathis compiled 9.0 sacks to go with 9.0 TFL and 50 tackles in 15 games.
- DeMarvion Overshown helped lead the defense with 70 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and two sacks in 12 games.
- On defense, Luke Brockermeyer registered 0.5 sacks to go with 4.0 TFL, 60 tackles, and two interceptions.
- In 12 games, B.J. Foster totaled 40 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and three interceptions.
- A key contributor on defense, Anthony Cook had 41 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one sack.
Alabama vs. Texas Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is Alabama, and we predict that Texas will cover the spread (Alabama -20.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 64.5 points.
Alabama vs. Texas betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Alabama vs. Texas
You can bet on Alabama vs. Texas at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Alabama vs. Texas picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.